Fish resurrection exploit

I discovered a small exploit recently involving Fish, the Squeezer, Empty Food Cans, and the Canning Machine that allows you to get a more or less unlimited amount of Fish Oil from a single fish. Here’s how it works:

1. Go fishing.
  2. Once you have a vanilla Minecraft Raw Fish, put it in a Squeezer to get Fish Oil and Fishmeal.
  3. Cook the Fishmeal in a Furnace / Oven / etc. to get Cooked Fishmeal.
  4. Combine an Empty Food Can and your Cooked Fishmeal in a Canning Machine to get Canned Fish.
  5. Place the Canned Fish in a crafting grid. This gives you a vanilla Minecraft Raw Fish back (not Cooked Fishmeal like you originally had), as well as the empty can.
  6. Return to step 2 to repeat the process.

I’m not sure what exactly unlimited fish oil allows you to accomplish, but still, an exploit is an exploit so I figured I’d report it nonetheless.

2 Likes

:gregorius: * reads title *

What the actual fuck is that gonna be…

Oh I see, the Pam’s Recipe for Fish → Vanilla Fish is causing troubles.

You might get infinite Mercury from that. Unsure of the Loop itself.

3 Likes

Oh, so it’s Pam’s HarvestCraft doing that! My bad, for whatever reason I just assumed it was a GregTech recipe.

2 Likes

Fixed it will be, regardless :wink:

:gregory: This Version should probably be working for you. ^^

(note 1: The scary sounding Description is only there to make sure people don’t use that Version lightly.)

(note 2: if you use this Version more often, make sure your Browser didn’t cache the Download)

2 Likes

Confirmed fixed in latest snapshot.
Here’s some extra text to evade the spam unoriginality filter.

3 Likes