Fat-Free Diet Cheese

Why cheese restores so little food (2) and saturation (1.2)? IRL it’s fat rich and has more calories than bread. I’m not that ‘pro-realism’ person, my point is that cheese is not that easily produced—milking can’t be automated, plus milk coagulates slowly. Yes, one cow can yield infinite amount of milk with no cooldown, but I think cheese can give more saturation at least.

And just now I’ve noticed that baguette that is made of 3 dough restores 8 food and loaf of bread that is made of 4 dough restores the same value.

And sliced cheese gives more food in total than the whole one, lol.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think Cheese was balanced around the fact it was a topping. Either that or I stole Pam’s Food Values. XD

2 Likes

World’s greatest mod dev :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Since this thread was bumped automatically,

I’ve tweaked some food values to make them more sane: 4-1.8 for cheese, 6-1.2 for baguette. Also, I changed some descriptions to my own not-so-funny ones, and one is too long, but I can’t make it multi-line; carriage return and line feed (and both) do nothing. Can’t it be split in two or more lines?

And is there an easy way to change food values for default items? E.g. bread—I think its values should be 4-1.2, not 5-1.2 as it’s made of 2 dough.

Also, why threads are bumped here automatically? Just because they have no solution?

2 Likes

Also, why threads are bumped here automatically? Just because they have no solution?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, once you’re done tweaking the configs please send it

2 Likes

I’m tweaking the source code. I can post it or compile it for you (if you trust me (don’t do this)). Or do MC mods run in some safe sandbox environment?

2 Likes

Does Minetweaker help?

By the way, Gregtech cheese has no nutritional value because it’s just like American cheese. Grey goo in a vat with orange coloring applied when it’s cast into plastic sheets. ;]

2 Likes

If I already edited the code for other things, why not do this for food values? I don’t have Minetweaker anyway.

This thing is literally called a cheesy product in my country, they can’t name it cheese by law.

3 Likes

i vote for deliciousness being a beneficial stat for food items

3 Likes

Yeah here in Germany we can only use the word Cheese for actual Cheese, unlike the USA where you can name a piece of Cardboard or Wood “Cheese”.

2 Likes

America, land of questionable food regulation, among other things. My home country.

3 Likes

Wasn’t it found that one of the mass market 'Murican “Parmesian cheese” was up to 25% cellulose? (ie: sawdust)

4 Likes

Beyond changed food values, there are also things you didn’t ask for: working cupboards, not-toxic-colored dirty water, a cheaper recipe for lockers, and a very little of other tiny minor changes made for no reason that I can’t name because I don’t remember them all (like added periods at the end of descriptions of some items or soft hammer being renamed to mallet).

I couldn’t make it so leather and wool would be interchangeable, so I left just wool (any color):
locker

Cupboard’s recipe (just like any metal chest, but in different arrangement, and a hammer instead of a saw):
cupboard

If you want to use it (what I doubt, lol), do make a backup of you world. It works fine for my world, although it was created with unmodified 6.15.01.

Why this forum spits this error, if the file is around 19MB? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gIWSt6w1LJOI2MHV0m8ZY0nfzBrfK1Ew/view?usp=sharing

Sorry, that file is too big (maximum size is 64.0 MB). Why not upload your large file to a cloud sharing service, then paste the link?

Here is one of the reason to use cupboards—it can be placed (and used) under machines with the bottom output. Drawers are too expensive for this.

3 Likes

I have that too, it’s a staple cheese.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you live in America.

3 Likes

“gregtech_1.7.10-6.15.01-dirty.jar” xD

2 Likes

It’s auto-generated name. I read somewhere that dirty build simply means that it was compiled with uncommitted changes.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s what the dirty means indeed, just uncommitted changes.

1 Like