Error: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -7

Please can someone help me? Yesterday its work fine, but now im in a dead end.
Here is Crash report. ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----// Would you like a cupcake?Time: 5.6.23 1 - Pastebin.com

3 Likes

Okay your Issue is the Game tried to load one specific Chunk that had wrong Data in it, probably because of File corruption. Solutions are as follows:

A: Don’t do anything and just try to load the World again and hope it wont happen a second time.

B: If Option A did not work, you delete said Chunk and hope everything works afterwards. Might need a World Editor, or you just go into your “region” Folder and delete the File that corresponds to the coordinates of that Chunk, which will have some collateral damage, but if you did not build anything close to that Area you should be fine.

1 Like

TY Greg… But there is something behind scene…
First time ill try to enter to my World, FML say "FML detected that the backup level.dat is being used. This may happen due to a bug or corruption, continuing can damage yuor world beyond repair or lose data / progress. Its recommended to create a world backup before continuing " So i create copy of my world and try run this copy. Then OutOfBounds error arrive - manytimes.

May i use old Backup.zip to recover my world? because last time i log-out ill be in middle of my base… I dont want to lose chunk of my Long-time work (being Tantalum processing). Few day rollback is better than few months of work(fun).

2 Likes

Backup working… Ty greg for tip… You are the Best…

2 Likes

Oh fuck you ended up with the Forge ID corruption Bug, you installed one random Mod, does not matter WHICH mod it is, and suddenly forge really super duper fucks up ALL the block ids of the world. The only way to fix that is to remove the most recently installed Mods.

This Bullshit happens to me CONSTANTLY on my Test World and its always only whenever i install a new Mod, no matter which Mod it is…

1 Like

Oh… Its Bears Den modpack lol… I go to delete all unwanted mods. - Obsolete mods.

2 Likes

Yeah sometimes when you install Mods you are forced to start a whole new world… It is shitty but this is 100% a Forge Issue…

1 Like

i dont install any new mod last 5 months geez. Its old modpack. Only Gregtech 6 is still up to date. (2 weeks ago when i update em.)

2 Likes

Aaaaand there we got the Issue, the moment Greg decides “I wanna add a new Item or Block!” this Issue has a CHANCE of popping up when updating… Sorry about that…

This happens whenever the Block IDs and Item IDs get changed in even the most minor way.

2 Likes

But… why isnt pop-up 2 weeks ago after G-update? (still deleting obsolete mods in mods folder)

2 Likes

Lobotomy completed… From 68 → 15 mods… I dont see any changes around - or in my base. Oh Dear Ben. Stop play everything at once…
Faster loading , better FPS, less RAM usage.
Many thanks for you Greg. " I want eat meat, not potatoes"

2 Likes

Uhm the Issue is, once it happens the Save File is fucked, it is not the amount of Mods, this can happen even with 1 Mod and nothing else. This is a RANDOMLY HAPPENING BUG IN FORGE, it is unfixable because of that…

1 Like

oh hey i know this one! it happens during AnvilChunkLoader.loadEntities, and crashes trying to access the block storage array, it’s most likely the crash caused by tile entities having their position set outside the world bounds (for example in negative Y). you can try this at home: create a block with a tile entity, change that tile entity’s Y position to -1, close the world and re-open it. i don’t know what would cause this as i can’t think of any instance of a tile’s coordinates being edited directly and i don’t know why this is so common, i assume it’s some issue with the saving process where unrelated date writes over the position values, causing them to be in weird places.

in fact i recently wrote a detector for that, although it’s a command that has to be used manually and it can’t fix the issue (yet). i wish there was a way to make the process automatic or have basic sanity checking when loading things but i don’t know how core mods work :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah the first one is TileEntity Data being wonky, but this Data became wonky, because of the Block ID Map being completely out of whack thanks to that Forge Bug.

I will make double sure the Y Coord of my TileEntities is not smaller than 0 whenever i use the setTileEntity call, because I indeed did not know before where exactly this Issue came from. But I highly doubt I ever called it with a negative Y value.

2 Likes

Well, I made it so all my TileEntities with negative Y Coords will:

• get automatically invalidated
  • Y Coords set to 0, so they wont crash
  • send a log warning for the first 10 times
  • send a chat message whenever it happens for the first and tenth time in Singleplayer, so people might provide me with the Logs.

and all that whenever a GT6 TileEntity is set, loaded or saved.

3 Likes