Enemy mob spawning

how long mobs begin spawn on blocks with spawn ban tag? i wanted construct base without lights but i see that…

2 Likes

Mobs are not supposed to spawn on it at all, and in my testing they never do spawn in those places. I think some Mod is overriding the spawning of Mobs to screw the vanilla spawn blocking up somehow.

1 Like

too many mods, i dunno who’s guilt, maybe i"ll test this

2 Likes

I dont exactly know which Mod does this, so you will need to try removing one mod at a time until the issue fixes itself, and then please tell me which Mod it was. And yes I am aware this will take hours to test, so if you dont have that much time I do understand that. ^^

1 Like

Much faster by removing half mods.

2 Likes

sorry, i wrong, sleep deprivation, difficult mods relations

2 Likes

So which Mod would it be? ^^

And 1 KU = 1L of Air = 1/1000th of a Unit of Air.

1 Like

THIS IS OPTIFINE!!! I thinked, this is mod with mob or world changing, but this is sudden…
OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_E7.jar added like mod

3 Likes

Wait so this would not happen in Multiplayer since Servers dont have Optifine?

2 Likes

addition: more… functional blocks like tank walls or fire bricks always block mob spawn

2 Likes

Yeah Optifine might screw everything over in some way. But I cant really prevent that…

1 Like

very strange, lol

2 Likes

Those are slabs. XD

1 Like

Okay thanks to this I realized what the heck is wrong with Optifine. I cant get Metadata from the World when checking for the ability to spawn Mobs, I just always get 0 returned.

Well Metadata 0 is the “Stone” variant which allows spawning of Mobs for obvious reasons. So all other variants of the Stone Blocks are, as you likely know Spawn Proof normally. So what happens if I cannot check for Metadata? Well all Stone Blocks become Mob Spawnable and I cannot do anything about it.

All I can do is detecting Optifine in Singleplayer and warning people in the Tooltip that the Blocks are Spawnable even though they should not be…

1 Like

slabs and concrete. m’kay, time to make conkrete platforms. also, srange there is’nt… frames for ising cover plates for this. Or I missed other construction blocks what can covers? or give this feature to concrete (rainforced), lol

2 Likes

It is ONLY the full size Stone(Brick) Blocks of GT6 that are broken, all others have working Mob Proofing.

1 Like

too hard construct without ic2 jetpack from newest versions, lol. will multiblocks parts generate more lags, if i will use them for buildings? (like firebricks)

2 Likes

They will not generate Tick Lag, but they might cause a minor amount of more RAM to be used.

1 Like

16GB ought to be enough for anybody (nope)
what bout wood planks? debarked logs blocks spawn, but planks - no, especially fireproofed
EDIT: oh blyat, i looked on forestry wood

2 Likes

I will double check my Logs and Beams to make sure they are spawn proof. People dont build Mob Farms out of Logs so it should be fine. XD

1 Like