Enable Railcraft tanks

I read GT6 changelog and found that Railcraft tanks were disabled due to broken code. I wanted to enable them for my singleplayer game but I didn’t find such option in configs. Is there a way to enable them?

2 Likes

Uhm, have you checked if they actually ARE disabled or not? The Default Config Pack is just a set of Configs that you can install yourself, its like a set of Defaults for Modpacks, the disabled Tanks thing is literally the Railcraft Config for them.

1 Like

Tanks structure blocks don’t have crafting recipes, so I thought GT6 disables them. (the same applies to the hammer from IC2 and some other things)

2 Likes

Please check if the Tanks are disabled in the Railcraft Config, I am pretty sure I do not remove their recipes.

1 Like

in railcraft/blocks.cfg steel and iron tanks wall, valve and gauge are true

2 Likes

So their Recipes should be a hammer and a wrench with 4 iron/steel plates?

1 Like

oh, it didnt show in nei. okay then, thanks

2 Likes

hm, no, it’s not seem to be working. i tried to move hammer, wrench or plates, but it’s not working

2 Likes

It should be

Hammer Plate Plate
Wrench Plate Plate

And it should be visible in NEI too.

1 Like

no, there’s nothing. I even tried to start only with NEI, GT and Railcraft - still nothing

2 Likes

Oh, I see now. I was used GTNH version of Railcraft (you wrote about it in GT mod compatibilities ). Now I downloaded official version from CurseForge and got crafting recipe

2 Likes

wait WHAT?! the gtnh version of railcraft removes the iron and steel tanks entirely??

1 Like

It seems so. You can check yourself

2 Likes

I’m not entirely sure, but I think that they added many custom tank materials to GTNH rc so the “vanilla” rc tank might have been changed

2 Likes

Yes, it seems so. But what recipes they’re using now?
There are only coloring recipes

3 Likes

I was gonna say, the GTNH version of railcraft does change recipes around.
I haven’t personally tested them because of how game breaking storing steam in cheap multiblock tanks can get in GT6, so I just disable them outright, but I think they might be disabled by default without GT5U, which means you’d have to use minetweaker to restore the tank recipes.

3 Likes