Easier adjustments of Selector Tag

The setup of the Selector Tag is adjusted using the Screwdriver in a Crafting Table. While the position of the Screwdriver seems to be arranged like positions on a clock, the crafting recipes of the setups 0-8 would actually fit in a 2x2 Crafting Grid, aka. the one in the player’s inventory.
I suggest that these recipes be changed into equivalent 2x2 recipes, so that most Selector Tag adjustments would not require a Crafting Table, only a Screwdriver.

3 Likes

Uhm, they already do not require a 3x3?

1 Like

What? I remember that I attempted to do this on 2x2 and it doesn’t work…

Had a quick try. Seems that only 1,2 and 8 are working. And 2 and 8 only works on one specific position in the two possible positions (in the 2x2 grid). Perhaps related to Crafting Grid position assignment?

2 Likes

The diagonal “1” works. The vertical “2” only works on the right line, not the left. The horizontal “8” only works on the lower line, not the top. The other ones don’t work at all.
I’d guess that you leave blank rows and lines on the left and the top in their recipes? For example, “2” would have the recipe

BLANK SCREWDRIVER
BLANK SELECTOR

instead of

SCREWDRIVER
SELECTOR

and as a result the BLANK cells must present?

2 Likes

Okay I found the Issue, will be fixed next time. ^^

3 Likes

Why isn’t the selector tag like the multitool? Shift click it on a solid to toggle to next number?

4 Likes

The reason for that is because back then it was hard to show such thing in NEI :wink:

3 Likes