Double post prevention

After I built one of the new gas turbines I tried to leave a little feedback in a post on the thread I created a few days ago, but after typing out the post I wasn’t allowed to submit it as the last post in the thread was one I had left the day before. My only option was to edit the new post into the existing one. There’s been no reaction to it in 2 days, and I’m starting suspect it’s because edits don’t trigger a notification to other participants in the thread. I’m not sure that this behaviour is helpful.

Is there any chance than the double post prevention could be tweaked slightly?

2 Likes

This was supposed to be fixed a while ago since @SuperCoder79 had the Issue with his Mod too.

Uhhm @OvermindDL1 so why exactly isn’t this fixed?

2 Likes

My issue was mostly with new replies instead of new posts, that’s why it might be different?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that only allowed it for Level 3 members and higher as level 2 and below are easily acquirable by spammers where Level 3 and higher actually requires fairly routine engagement and community interaction. Otherwise if it is bugged then tell: https://meta.discourse.org

For note, the tier 3 requirements are (copy/pasted from the docs):

To get to trust level 3, in the last 100 days…

• Must have visited at least 50% of days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended or silenced

* These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

And an admin can check their current standings at: https://forum.mechaenetia.com/admin/users/90/seregheru/tl3_requirements

In addition, Greg can manually bump and force someone to TL3 or higher manually too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh right, Regular was the Level, not Member. XD

Promoted you to that since I know you existed before these Forums were there.

2 Likes

Ah, thanks. Is the level sticky, or will it fade in 100 days? (I feel it’s very likely I won’t read 25% of the threads created, as I’d probably only read suggestion threads that really interest me and support threads if I’ve had the same issue.)

2 Likes

Should be sticky afaik.

2 Likes