Do you have any plans?

Hello, Gregorius. I wanted to ask, do you have any plans for GT6 on 1.12, 1.15 or further?

1.7.10 is too old I think. Sorry, if answer is already posted anywhere, I didn’t find.
I know there is GT5u for 1.12, but it is much worse than GT6

Sorry for my english

2 Likes

He’s mentioned it a few times in the past yes.
He’s NEVER going past 1.7.10.
And especially not now that GT6 is “feature frozen” in anticipation for his own game.

Perhaps Gregtech Community Edition is more to your liking?
It’s stated that it takes elements from GT5 and GT6.
It’s for MC 1.12

2 Likes

GT5u is broken. I can’t even build large bronze boiler because blocks needed for it don’t exist. And it has much less content than GT6

2 Likes

Yeah GT6 is in a State where I only do Bugfixes and let others like Erik contribute to. I would never have updated to any future MC Version regardless of making my game or not, simply because future MC Versions are all Garbage when it comes to code, especially Forges Code, and I had enough of MC so I wouldn’t have tried Fabric either (i still think Fabric is far superior to Forge though).

3 Likes

I suggested you look into GTCE, not GT5u

3 Likes

Sorry, I googled rn. I thought that GT5u = GTCE. Everything I said above is about GTCE.

4 Likes

Yeah well just as a heads up this “Community” Edition isn’t really about the community. The Modmaker is a bit of a douche to say it nicely. He did some “Interesting” things with GTCE like change the license without consent from all the contributors. Also he hates anyone who is against his ways and thinks differently.
Also i wouldn’t play Minecraft after 1.8 since it has many performance issues with the mods i have seen so far and 1.15 has split the modding community with fabric and forge. Also 1.7 has many mods that never really got updated like Nuclear Control 2.
PS: I know there is world control an update to NC2 but its really buggy.

3 Likes

Yeah GTCE is pretty much garbage. It’s idiotic dev ran off all other members of the Community, except maybe one who does all the important work, and I dont know if that person is still working on there either. GTCE pretty much ran all good Features into the ground, including the ones they half-assedly copied from GT6. That Mod is not in a good State whatsoever.

4 Likes

I didn’t catch, do you develop your own game? Or it’s a planning for future?
Didn’t you think about making own discord server? It seems to be much better than forum I think.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s name is going to be Mechaenetia.
You can read more about it here: Game Plans

Make sure you follow the links under the Index header, there’s a lot more information there.

4 Likes

Yeah I got stuck with a severe Factorio Addiction for 3 months and counting. XD
But once I got that out of my head I will do my own Game from scratch.
Discord is sadly a proprietary piece of shit, so that isn’t an option. Also I prefer having my own place for this Stuff, especially for organization reasons.

3 Likes

For note, Greg has said he’ll accept PR’s to get GT6 to work on newer MC’s if it still works on the current as well. ^.^

2 Likes

Well, that assumes one of two things.

1. The code works in both MC 1.7.10 and beyond. Which isn’t likely.
  2. There’s a IFDEF on the target environment, which would make all of GT6 a bunch of IFDEF only. Unless of course you maintain separate files for each target environment, in which case a fork would be better.
2 Likes

Correct, you’d need to abstract things out and/or conditionally include code based on what’s being compiled for (probably the easier method to be honest).

A fork would work, or better yet a branch on the original GT6 archive to make it more easy to keep bug fixes in sync. The important bit is that fixes and features added to one version makes it to the other as well.

1 Like