Divine rpg & GregTech

Hello everyone. I installed divine rpg and realized that this mod breaks the balance. Too accessible metals at the first stage of survival greatly simplify development. Maybe it’s worth complicating the process of making metal from this mod? Also, shovels from this mod cannot dig clay from gregtech. I will be grateful for the answer.

2 Likes

I checked my Code and my IRC Logs as to why I gave up even trying DivineRPG Compat. Turns out their Code is destructively bad, and I cant really do anything about that. I will look at it again though, just to see if I can at least do SOMETHING about it.

Also how do their Ores even break GT6 progress? They are all made up, and GT6 itself already generates a TON of regular Ores overall.

2 Likes

Their ores allow you to make very durable tools from the very beginning of the game. A lot of ore is generated, as well as ingots fall from mobs. The ore is melted in a vanilla furnace, and the ingots do not need to be processed. This allows you to immediately switch from a granite pickaxe to a realmite pickaxe, which allows you to do without tools from Gregtech materials at all. I can also notice that shovels from Divine RPG cannot dig dirt from your mod, and axes cannot break any foliage at all (as I understand it, this was affected by a restriction from your mod, which does not perceive an axe from DivineRPG as an axe). And I also noticed that an analogue of Treecapitator appeared in one of the GregTech updates. Axe from DivineRPG also do not work with this. I would be very happy if at least some of the above can be fixed)

2 Likes
  1. DivineRPG does not support Forge Tool API, that is why it cannot harvest things. This can only ever be fixed on the Tool End and not the Mod Block End, so unfixable for me.

2. Tool Durability does not matter in GT6, there is so many dedicated GT Tools for things you cant make from DivineRPG Metals at all.

3. Axes never broke Leaves in 1.7.10, this is a GT6 FEATURE that my Axes can break them. :stuck_out_tongue:

4. My Tree Capitation only works from GT6 Axes.

So what your real Issue is, is that you use Vanilla-ish Tools which all work just as terribly as the DivineRPG ones, but with different Stats. :wink:

If you want extra Features that are better than Vanilla, you need GT6 Tools, since I only added those to GT6 Tools. I didnt remove anything from Vanilla Tools (apart from lowering their durability)

2 Likes

I even forgot about the fact that it was like this in 1.7.10) Everything is clear about specialized tools in GT, but still the mining speed of the picks from DivineRPG is quite high. In addition, these materials are easy to extract.
It’s a pity that the mod does not support the Forge Tool API.
There is another feature: vanilla ore is used in the recipe of some tools from Divine RPG. Is it possible to change this?

2 Likes

I will take a look at this vanilla Ore thing, but just to let you know, vanilla Ore Blocks do STILL exist in GT6, even if they are much more rare and only found in “Vanilla Stone”-Layers at their respective heights.

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but maybe the mobs from Divine rpg won’t spawn on the stones of GregTech. Is this possible?

2 Likes

I definitely saw a bunch of its Mobs while erasing chunks to check for how well the ores generate, so they should exist.

2 Likes

Oh right I did do whatever I wanted to do for DivineRPG Compat for now. So I can mark this as solved.

1 Like

Thanks! What happened to fix?

2 Likes

I made sure DivineRPG Ores dont generate inside GT6 Stone, expect in dedicated Stone Layers.

Someone DID say that DivineRPG Mobs do drop the metals, so it is not that important to spam the Ores everywhere.

2 Likes

The change is that now Divine RPG ores are generated only in the vanilla stone layer? Most likely, you have also changed the amount of ore generated in general. Is that true?

2 Likes

Yeah I changed the amount of Ore a little too, but its still abundant enough in the layer that it is assigned to.

2 Likes

I know that DivineRPG has a bad code, but I will still try to ask you to add logs from this mod (there are only 8 types of them) to the Gregtech system (recipes for mechanisms, objects made of wood). By the way, there are frozen logs in this mod, I think they can be replaced with frozen logs from Gregtech so that there are not 2 types of them. It would also be great if you took a closer look at the food from this mod.

1 Like