Disable Vanilla Ores in Twilight Forest

In one of the last update the Vanilla ores in Twilight forest were returned. But there is not config to disable it again. Could you help with it?

2 Likes

I’m sorry but I intentionally kept those vanilla alike Ores in Twilight Forest. I simply had to get rid of the insanity that was GT5s old Ore Generation being inside Twilight Forest, so I actually carefully chose 16 GT ores that I generate there vanilla style.

1 Like

If you want the old GT5 Ores I would recommend you to go to the Atum Dimension instead. It is a less populated Desert Dimension, which I decided to put most of the GT5-like Ores in.

But yeah, GT5 Ores wont come back to Twilight Forest, they just break way too much Stuff.

3 Likes

Thank you. It is interesting for me that before the update the ores in TF had the same textures and way of generation (you have to find rocks on the surface and then dig the vein under the surface). Now TF has vanilla ore gen + some ores with GT5 textures. I don’t know the internals of TF world generation and therefore what difficulties may appear for using overworld oregen in TF?

2 Likes

Oh, I see that the same topic about oregen in other dimensions has already appeared

2 Likes

TF has Vanilla Ores with GT 1-4 Textures. And the GT5 Style and GT6 Style Ores just flat out do not work in Twilight Forest, that’s why I got rid of them and made special dedicated Ores.

2 Likes

In the next update, Aromas Mining Dimension will work too by the way.

2 Likes

That is great! I also found out that custom dimensions in MystCraft can also be created with Overworld ore gen that is really interesting because you can create a stable flat world that is used only for mining

2 Likes

I would like to ask, how to ban only the twilight forest and not the rock layers of the overworld?
I’ve loaded a large area in twilight forest before, and I don’t want to see strange chunk edge generation (such as interrupted)

2 Likes

Ban Twilight Forest from what??? There is no Stone Layers in Twilight Forest so I do not know what you are talking about

1 Like

Fuck, I made a mistake

2 Likes