Devouring Darkness: Whitelisted server STILL open

Thought I’d write a short note about the server plans since I just got another request to join.

The server’s up and will stay up until no players login for 3 months. After that I’ll make the save file available to download for all.

I’m about to move to new hardware too!

The modpack continues to receive refinements and bugfixes.

On the server there’s plenty of room for more bases.

So don’t hold back, come give it a try. Experience GT6 survival horror first hand!

We don’t bite, the monsters do enough of that. =]

4 Likes

Oh? A new player? Who’re they?

3 Likes

Another time traveler. You’ll have to meet them in game.

4 Likes

Server updated to v446.

Moved to new server hardware!

4 Likes

Yeahhh! New hardware and (minor) mod!!

3 Likes

Does anyone know a fix for that maddening bug where transferring items with scroll will move 2 items at a time? It’s been like 9 years since 1.7.10 and I still get this issue on 1.7.10 modpacks (which, in general, struggle with QoL compared to modern MC, though not unbearably so)

2 Likes

the Scrolling thing is NEI, do you have any OTHER inventory tweaking mod apart from NEI? Might be that two Mods do the same thing and that is why it doubles up.

3 Likes

I have to disable auto refill in InvTweaks. That’s the “…” on the edge of the chests.

3 Likes

That’s NEI‽

Okay, so I disabled scrollTransfer in NEI (inventory.disableMouseScrollTransfer=true), since I’m still having this issue despite having always disabled autoRefill in InvTweaks. Let’s see if this works.

2 Likes

Fixed!­­­­­­­­­­­

2 Likes

What was the final solution?

2 Likes

Edited post for clarity

2 Likes

Anyone having lag the last few days, turned out to be a cable. I’ve got new ones on order.

3 Likes

That moment when you play with technology so powerful the World slows down in response

3 Likes

I’ve been playing my own private modpack the past few days and discovered I really like modpacks that bone-shatteringly hardcore, hence why I’ve been off for a while

3 Likes

No obligation. I host the server so that those enjoying DD can play with others. My policy is to run it until no one logs in for 3 months. I’ll also provide the save game if asked. Go have fun!

4 Likes

Or wait, are you saying DD isn’t hard enough? ;]

4 Likes

Damnit, typos hath strike again!

3 Likes

Ha!

I integrated the server ZFS snapshots for backup with the Minecraft saves and RAM disk.

Today we had an event that needed a rollback, one short outage and a single command and we’re back from before the catastrophe!

I just thought it was pretty neat.

4 Likes

The power of preparation, planning and backups! Utterly essential when dealing with things as volatile and unpredictable as computers. They’re like houses of cards, except most houses of cards don’t hold up modern civilisation.

Also, what happened? Accidentally destroyed a base with the wand of excavation?

2 Likes