Devouring Darkness 2 - Discussion Thread

Diving into IC2 crops. I should be able to get valuable things like gun powder, ender pearls and more without mob farming this way.

Level 245 in a swamp biome. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hmmmā€¦ In this topic is a lot useful info for my modpack that have simillar ideas. But spawn bases cant be build in earlygame in my modpack because of many reasonsā€¦ But cool. Can u describe mobs here? Im really interested in it, cause my modpack have really buffed mobs

2 Likes

Have a peek at the two Devouring Darkness announcement threads, and the player guide.

https://demosthenes.org/Minecraft/DevouringDarkness2/Guide.html

Hereā€™s a few highlights:

• Zombie Awareness: All monsters are omniscient. They know where you are. They ARE coming for you.
  • Special AI: Monsters have armor and abilities. There are more varieties of monsters (ie: Ender Creepers which teleport). Finally monsters actively grief player creations. Chests, tilled farmland, glass, lights. Zombies smash them, creepers BLOW THEM UP. Bye bye walls.
  • Infernal Mobs: I lowered the spawn rate of mobs, and instead you will often run into mobs with enchantments. Zombies throwing Ghast balls which explode. Slowing, rusting (hurts your armor more), revenge (you kill them, they explode to hurt you). They are mean.
  • Blood moons: 30% chance of blood moon, so night time is incredibly dangerous to go out.

And more. Plus I make food and the world balanced. The idea with DD and my packs is that early game you are WEAK. You should run and hide, and be clever to avoid combat. As you tech up, you can become godlike and never worry again about monsters. Itā€™s a slow climb, but accelerates the further you go. Make a safe base, and just worry about GT6.

3 Likes

Very interesting. I have similar idea, but in my pack u weak always, only in end game u became a little stronger. I have a lot of mods that makesobs harder. Rough mobs rewamped, special ai, epic siege, improved mobs, infernal mobs, champions. I dont use blood moon but i use invasions mod. I think its more balanced. Also any bases in my pack can be destroyed i thinkā€¦ Bruh

1 Like

Also really interesting and well made player guide. I think i need something like this to my pack too, but i have some quests in info chapter in my pack that says info.

1 Like

Iā€™d recommend giving DD or DD2 a try. The difficulty is pretty stacked.

2 Likes

Yes. I really want to try dd2. But i have problems. First - im not realy good gt6 player. So i now beating raw gt6. Another problem is time, cause im making my modpack, and all content there is custom. But ill try it as soon as i can

2 Likes

Donā€™t worry, I also play the server half-time because I play on another server and another expert pack and two other games. I may or may not be able to finish spawn base fortifications this summer as Iā€™ve decided the tall water wall is the only way, but hopefully the spawn base will have more room for people during the night :wink:

3 Likes

Itā€™s not an obligation. Please have a life too! =]

2 Likes

Hmmm, if i join server(if u add me to whitelist :D) i can just live on spawn and make it better i think(if u allow this). I can do amchines for free use or something like this. But i have a question, how many RAM needs to dd2?

2 Likes

I do host a DD2 server. You can DM me for whitelisting if you are interested.

There is a public spawn base, which is community owned. I think 416 may be the only one there at the moment, but I built it originally to make a safe place to get started. Timelord also contributed to it too. The public spawn has always been a place for players to team up and make progress together in a shared environment. If you like that play style. =]

Myself and several other regular players choose to make our own solo bases far away from spawn. We play a server because we can barter, share knowledge, help each other out on occasion, etc. Just often strong personalities have their own play styles or pace and so they want solo bases. There is plenty of room, we have a dynmap so you can view areas of the world no one has made a base near. I encourage people to try and leave a kilometer at minimum between bases so everyone has space.

DD2 I use 6G of RAM with and it performs nicely.

3 Likes

says the guy with the death server

3 Likes

Respawns are free. You just have to face judgement on the scoreboard. Muahahahaha.

3 Likes

Ok, so Iā€™ve used the DevNull many times to automatically void stone while Iā€™m mining. When there are multiple types of stone, I had multiple DevNulls.

I just realized that the Iron Backpacks has a void upgrade! Thereā€™s a bug where you must have a basic filter upgrade with the void upgrade, the void upgrade doesnā€™t work alone.

Now I have 9 slots of voiding from my main toolbar! Incredible.

3 Likes

Yay! Rainbows!

4 Likes

Soooo purdy. Bearā€™d be proud if he had OCD.

3 Likes

Phew. Itā€™s expensive in steel (18 steel per autonomous activator), but I was able to automate my Pamā€™s farm!

Right click the crops every 30 seconds on a pulse timer.

3 Likes

Have you tested Special AI? I think let Creeper auto explode is a dangerous idea. Creepers will break structure like tf Maze, Tower, botania mushrooms, and player can not stop them. The worst things is, if you have Special Mob or other mod like hbm which offer other Creepers, the world will full of cobblestone-waterball and other stuff.

3 Likes

DD and DD2 both use Special AI for griefing behavior. While creepers donā€™t target walls specifically, monsters can get in fights outside a wall and creepers will explode to kill the other mobs.

Also to destroy farmland, chests, player made items, any lightsource, etcā€¦ zombies might just use their hands, but creepers explode.

2 Likes

Will Creeper will break torches and doors which spawn with structure, they wonā€™t target walls, but it will break structure faster than you explore.

2 Likes