Crucible doesn't accept Coal Dust when trying to do 2 Basaltic Mineral Sand + 6 Coal Dust

I know you’re supposed to drop the items into the Crucible, and it works for the Basaltic Mineral Sand, but the Crucible just doesn’t accept the Coal Dust. I tried it in reverse order, but then it doesn’t accept the second Basaltic Mineral Sand.

2 Likes

The Basaltic Mineral Sand Block is 9 Units in size, the Crucible has a capacity of 16 Units. Maybe split the Block into 9 Dusts and try it that way?

1 Like

Why would that decrease the volume? That doesn’t make any sense. Plus, I tried this recipe in a older version of GT6, (specifically, 6.14.23) and it did work.

2 Likes

It would decrease the Volume if you throw in LESS dusts. :stuck_out_tongue:

The older Versions have far less Magnetite per Sand Block than the newer ones. I nine-tupled the amount of Magnetite you get per Sand Block a while ago, that is your problem there, so you need to reduce the amount you throw into the Crucible.

1 Like

Why is this change not reflected in the NEI recipe menu? Why does it still say 2 Basaltic Mineral Sand + 6 Coal Dust, even though that is impossible to actually do?

Also, unrelated question that I can’t be bothered to open a new thread for, how do you set the temperature for the Thermometer Sensor in the Redstone Mode(s)? And why is there seemingly no information whatsoever on how to do this on the Internet? It seems to be at least possible, but there is no documentation on this extremely important part of the Thermometer Sensor, when I would expect said documentation to be in the Tooltip like everything else.

2 Likes

Uhh dont you see the 6 rather obvious Buttons on the thing? That is why it wasn’t documented, until now everyone seems to have understood the Buttons. XD

And yeah the NEI Recipe might be slightly outdated.

1 Like

Yeah, for some reason I assumed that the buttons were only 1 button for aesthetic purposes, probably because I’m not used to mods going to the lengths of making each individual button work.

2 Likes