Crucible automation with Railcraft

This is from my last SadZombieLand iteration, but it worked great. This time I’m studying how to use the hoppers and redstone, but I think Railcraft is more elegant and more reliable.

2 Likes

Perhaps in-game, but it has higher TPS cost. ^.^;

1 Like

Likely, but I can’t imagine it’d be that much. The release of the cart is redstone triggered, and it moves a very short distance.

2 Likes

It’s more than you think. MC’s Entity system and code is so abysmally poor that even when not moving every object is still performing collision checks to every other entity in the same chunk, and that’s even before you consider all it’s other code like railcarts checking when they are on and so forth. MC’s very poorly programmed remember. ^.^;

1 Like

Sure. I just don’t see one or two of these running per base would have any measurable effect. Keeping them in the same chunk is likely a good idea.

2 Likes

Like if you want to increase the game speed when you have tons of zombies then turn off their collision to other entities (blocks is fine’ish), and batch their pathfinding together when they are near, lol.

Just remember, every entity in a chunk checks to every other entity in the chunk, exponential, lol.

Though if you want to look at costly, you should see what the engine does once it finds that there is a collision, now that’s bad!

1 Like

I’m not surprised. I don’t have high performance expectations with modded Minecraft. =]

2 Likes

We should hurry up and write a replacement MC in Common Lisp so you get proper modding!

2 Likes

There basically already is a minecraft built in CL. :wink:

Live code editing and modding too, lol.

1 Like

I forgot I updated this with a large crucible and with a weight sensor too to trigger the new recipe instead of just the alloy point.

2 Likes

Just ran into an issue where the unloader is duplicating some items (carbon dust). I’m having a hard time replicating it elsewhere.

As a workaround, a GT hopper can unload a cart and use an adjacent detector to dismiss the cart when empty.

https://i.imgur.com/3byzPmr.png

3 Likes