Crash with WarpDrive when hovering over GregTech 6 machinery with F3+H active

A crash occurs when hovering over GregTech 6 machinery with F3+H mode activated but only with WarpDrive installed. It even crashes with that mode deactivated for some other items (e.g. most Liquid Burning Boxes).
Here’s the exact error which leads to the crash [Client thread/ERROR] [FML]: Exception caught during firing event net.minecraftf - Pastebin.com
I also contacted the developers of WarpDrive, especially since the mod claims to be compatible with GregTech.

3 Likes

It was probably compatible at one point but Warpdrive for 1.7.10 looks like it hasn’t been updated since 2018, GregTech has changed a lot since then.

Reading through their description on Curseforge It mentions it’s compatible in that it uses RF/EU alongside mods such as IC2 and Buildcraft. These were the big tech mods of the time and most likely it means it’s compatible with Gregtech 5, possibly early GregTech 6 but not later.

Let’s see what Greg thinks of the log, could be something simple but I suspect it’s relying on events that just no longer exist in current GregTech.

2 Likes

Hrrm, lets see where in their Code it crashes, luckily that Mod is Open Source…

Ah I see, there apparently is a null in the Tooltip List, that should actually not be the case, I wonder how that happens…

Meh, lets do it the lazy way, I will just go into all GT6 Items and put aList.removeAll(null); at the end of each addInformation Code Block. That way it just cannot happen again within GT6.

:gregory: This Version should probably be working for you. ^^

(note 1: The scary sounding Description is only there to make sure people don’t use that Version lightly.)

(note 2: if you use this Version more often, make sure your Browser didn’t cache the Download)

2 Likes