Better Storage is a mod for MC 1.7.10 mostly focused around storage blocks.
However, it does a lot with cardboard - you can make cardboard boxes, cardboard tools, and cardboard armor. We’ve been able to make Cardboard and Thick Cardboard in GregTech for a while now, but there aren’t many (any?) uses for it at the moment (at least not in my pack). Some basic compat with Better Storage could provide some uses for it.
It also adds a storage block for Flint (like Gany’s Surface does). It currently isn’t oredicted and doesn’t have any Boxinator / Unboxinator recipes.
Most of the blocks and items the mod adds could have material information attached to them, which would be useful for recycling in the Shredder / Crucible:
- Block of Flint, as previously mentioned just a storage block consisting of 9 Flint.
- Cardboard Sheets. 8 paper and 1 Slimeball makes 4 Cardboard Sheets.
- Storage Crates, made with 4 Planks and 4 Sticks.
- Its own Reinforced Wooden Chests, made with 4 Metal Ingots / Gems, 1 Block of Metal Ingots / Gems, 3 Logs, and a Chest
- Thaumium Chest, crafted at an Infusion Altar with 4 Thaumium Ingots, 3 Enchanted Wood blocks, a Block of Iron, and a Better Storage Reinforced Iron Chest.
- Lockers (basically vertically oriented chests), made with 7 Wood Planks and a Trapdoor
- Reinforced Lockers, made with 4 Metal ingots / Gems, 1 Block of Metal Ingots / Gems, 3 logs, and a Better Storage Locker.
- Cardboard Boxes, movable storage containers with durability. They can be harvested up to 4 times before breaking. Durability isn’t subtracted if the box is empty when harvested. Made from 8 Better Storage Cardboard Sheets.
- Presents, made with a Better Storage Cardboard Box, 6 Red Wool, and 2 White Wool.
- Armor Stands, made with two Iron Ingots, two Sticks, and a Stone Slab.
- The Crafting Station (advanced workbench used for mass-enchanting cardboard armor / tools, mass-repairing cardboard armor / tools, attaching name tags to presents, and so on). Made with 2 Stone Bricks, 2 Pistons, 2 Wood Planks, a Better Storage Storage Crate, a vanilla Crafting Table, and a Weighted Pressure Plate (Light).
- Keys, made with 3 Gold Ingots and 2 Gold Nuggets.
- Locks, made with 5 Gold Ingots, an Iron Ingot, and a Key (not consumed - the key is only provided for pairing purposes).
- Keyrings, which can hold (and try to unlock locks with) several keys for convenience. Made with 8 Gold Nuggets.
- Backpacks, sometimes dropped by zombies, made with 7 Leather, 1 Wool, 1 Gold Ingot.
- Ender Backpack, exact materials unknown (you have to trade an Enderman wearing said backpack an Ender Chest to get it. It accesses your Ender Chest inventory.)
- Thaumaturge’s Backpack, crafted at an Infusion Altar with a Better Storage Backpack, 7 Enchanted Fabric, and a Thaumium ingot.
- Cardboard Helmet, made with 5 Better Storage Cardboard Sheets.
- Cardboard Chestplate, made with 8 Better Storage Cardboard Sheets.
- Cardboard Leggings, made with 7 Better Storage Cardboard Sheets.
- Cardboard Boots, made with 4 Better Storage Cardboard Sheets.
- Cardboard Sword, made with 2 Better Storage Cardboard Sheets and a Stick.
- Cardboard Pickaxe, made with 3 Better Storage Cardboard Sheets and 2 Sticks.
- Cardboard Shovel, made with 1 Better Storage Cardboard Sheet and 2 Sticks.
- Cardboard Axe, made with 3 Better Storage Cardboard Sheets and 2 Sticks.
- Cardboard Hoe, made with 2 Better Storage Cardboard Sheets and 2 Sticks.