Chisel Stones in Extrabiomes xl Biomes

Chisel stones are generated in some Extrabiomes xl biomes. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or not, but chisel stones were found only in the mountain biomes of this mod. I took the configuration file from the download page. Also, unknown ores were found in the vanilla biome of the snowy plains. Lazy Chunloading is disabled in Optifine. What could be the reason?

3 Likes

I encounter slate everywhere. I’m not sure that’s unusual.

If you find vanilla ores, GT does have a vanilla ore biome which looks like vanilla stone + ores. In reality it’s a trap full of silverfish. Greg’s got a mean streak. I like it.

3 Likes

I know about vanilla ores. But what the unknown ore is doing there - I don’t know)

2 Likes

Is it still Unknown Ore when you harvest it too?

And yes Chisel Stones generates in my Rock Layers. But this is UNRELATED to Biomes. It even contains Salt from Pam’s Harvestcraft if available, no idea why Pam decided to have that ugly as fuck Background Texture from Chisel Limestone for her Salt Ore.

3 Likes

When I mined this ore, it ceased to be unknown in the inventory.
And why save the generation of chisel stones if your mod has complete analogues of these stones? This creates a “rainbow of different materials”.

2 Likes

I generate all DECORATIVE rock types from other Mods because people like to build Stuff with them. Even the ugly ones at times.

And do the unknown Ores only appear when you use that Drill you have in that Screenshot?

2 Likes

The appearance of an unknown ore does not depend on the type of drill. So the answer is no. The unknown ore is just generated this way, but it becomes known as soon as I mine it. But it is worth noting that the generation of unknown ore occurs infrequently.

2 Likes

Unknown Ore only happens when something does not update the Block when an adjacent Block is mined, so either the Drill is to blame or Worldgen happened without sending an update and you did not exit and then enter the area again yet.

2 Likes

For the most part, I did not mine anything in the place of the appearance of unknown ores. But unknown ores were also there, where I extracted rock with a laser from ic2 and a drill from the addon ic2 - gravitation suite.
By the way, do I have the opportunity to turn off the generation of limestone and marble from chisel myself?

1 Like

So the Mining Laser is the Issue, good to know.

Nope no setting for that. Rocks exist, deal with it.

2 Likes

It turns out that the problem with the laser cannot be fixed and I need to put up with it? It is worth noting that sometimes unknown ores appear even without extraction by laser or other tools. But here it turns out that worldgen happened without sending an update, which I can’t influence.

2 Likes

Yeah the “Unknown Ore” is simply a “mine it to find out” kindof thing because data has to be sent over which it only does when it gets updated by an adjacent block, otherwise it would effectively ban anyone with a band internet connection from a Server.

If you actually have “Unknown Ore” in your Inventory, that would be a real Issue, but so far the only way for that to happen is Applied Energistics Meteors, which I cant fix.

2 Likes

Weeeellll some asm could inject an appropriate update call…
(or mixin)

2 Likes

Uh no, lets not do that…

1 Like