Centrifuge gets clogged with tiny purified crushed ore

My centrifuges keep getting clogged up with less than nine small purified crushed ores. Is there a way to pull exactly nine of the buggers only, or would it be possible to centrifuge them into tiny dusts?

2 Likes

I presume you use Item Pipes? If so, put an Item Pipe with just as much throughput as there are Outputs directly next to it, even if the rest of the Pipes is smaller.

3 Likes

Cheers Greg, I hadn’t thought to use item pipes, didn’t make the connection that they could restrict flow for items as well. I was using itemducts as they are quick to mass produce. :blush:

2 Likes

The Small Brass ones can only do One ItemStack per Cycle, the big Electrum ones can do 8, so their internal cache for ItemStacks has to be the same Size as their Bandwidth in order to make them usable. :wink:

2 Likes

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I am trying to implement this fix as well and I’m struggling to see how an item pipe helps the situation.

The sluice outputs a large purified and some number of tiny purified ores, if the centrifuge intakes a tiny purified that’s not in a stack of 9 or more the entire chain stops moving.

How does an item pipe divert specifically the tiny purified ores?

2 Likes

In recent Versions, Centrifuges accept single tiny purified ores, making this kindof useless, lol.

1 Like

I am on the unofficial branch, and had not noticed that you had implemented these changes on the official branch. It seems they are lagging a bit behind on merging…Might have to swap back!

2 Likes