Cauldron ore washing bug

Hit a bug today, was washing some ores in a cauldron and the server died with this error:
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bound must be positive
at java.util.Random.nextInt(Unknown Source)
at gregapi.util.UT$Code.select(UT.java:1479)
at gregapi.oredict.listeners.OreDictListenerItem_Washing.onTickWorld(OreDictListenerItem_Washing.java:69)
at gregapi.GT_API_Proxy.onWorldTick(GT_API_Proxy.java:565)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler_20_GT_API_Proxy_onWorldTick_WorldTickEvent.invoke(.dynamic)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:54)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.eventhandler.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:140)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostWorldTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:255)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:645)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:334)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:547)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:396)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685)

Seems I caused it to calculate negative somehow. I’m washing in an array of nine cauldrons fed underneath with pipes, I’ve used this setup for a while with no issues even if I throw in a whole inventory so I’m not sure what happened, the server refuses to start now with the same error each time.

I wouldn’t bring it up as I’m running with other mods but this looks like something that might interest you.

EDIT

Looks like it’s crushed soapstone ore. Loaded up a backup, and chucked in all the ore I was washing again one by one. It hard crashed on soapstone.

2 Likes

And fixed it. ^^

Also “Zero” is not positive. XD

2 Likes

Is there a way to fix this crash if I don’t have a backup? Maybe somehow despawn all lying items in the save folder or something?

2 Likes

Update to the Secret Version and you should be fine :wink:

2 Likes

World restored. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes