Can't make wrench from ingots

I’m new to GT6 and the recipe for making a wrench from ingots isn’t working. The wrench recipe shows plates instead of ingots. Is this a typo on the Getting Started page?

3 Likes

Which “Getting Started Page” are you referring to? Can you post a link? (you can neuter the link with spaces if the forums dont let you post links)

Because in GT6 the Wrench has always been Plates, so whatever Page you have been reading might be about GT5 instead.

Now if you ask why the Wrench is using four plates as opposed to six, that is a change from i think two years ago.

1 Like

Searching for ‘Gregtech 6 Wrench’ does indeed bring up an ftb wiki with the old ingot wrench recipe,

That aside, the Earlygame page, GT6 Basic Earlygame Stuff, doesn’t seem to mention a wrench.
Perhaps a ‘My first boiler setup (or how I learned to love the boom) page’ might be in order?

1 Like

Documentation surrounding GT can be a bit ambiguous at times, so NEI is your best friend. NEI should tell you that you can make plates on an anvil with a hammer, and both can be directly crafted (I believe)

1 Like

It’s the Getting Started Page, 4th paragraph down.
ftb fandom com/wiki/Getting_Started_(GregTech_6)#Smelting

2 Likes

Yeah the FTB Wiki is vastly outdated, you should probably not use its Guide. Sorry there is not many Guides about GT6, i tried to make NEI show a lot of things using the “Did you know…?” Page in order to compensate for that.

But yeah, Wrench is four Plates now instead of six Ingots.

2 Likes

If in doubt, you can always ask here.

2 Likes