Can i refill world-drinkable containers with pipes?

As the title suggests, i want to have a ready-to-drink thing at my entrances.
But i can’t get neither the jug nor the cup to fill in any other way than manually filling them.
I would like them to refill from a pipe or even better yet, just sitting next to a drum.

I don’t want to waste my precious plastic (because i have no butane, only what i looted) on making a thermos to test that with. And even if it works with the thermos, i won’t be getting them any time soon.

Are there any other solutions i could employ to get essentially the same effect? That is, the convenience of drinking from a jug that is on the ground so i don’t have to listen to SIPSIPSIPSIPSIPSIP for hours on end. And have that thing refill from a larger container of course!

2 Likes

Hrrm, good point, I should make a way where you can just rightclick a Tap above a top-open Fluid Container like a Cup, a Measuring Pot or a Jug and then fill it like you can with the basic Bathing Pot, Mixing Bowl and Cauldron already.

3 Likes

Please do! :gift_heart:

I suppose making them fillable via pipes like the bathing pot/mixing bowl would be complicated?

2 Likes

They are not full Blocks whatsoever, it would just not fit. You cant just attach a pipe to a Cup without breaking the Cup, lol. And yes I know the irony about Mixing Bowl and Bath not having that particular Issue. XD

But yeah Cup = Mobile, Pot = Stationary, that is the reasoning alongside the whole “is not a full Block” thing.

2 Likes

I tried filling the jug from the bottom end because that makes sense as it “connects” better there.
But no.

Also:

Or you know, do away with the whole “jug/cup/thermos” on the ground bit and just make a “drinking faucet” that can attach to any drum/pipe to where you can use it to drink whatever is inside.
Even if that thing you are drinking is molten tungsten.

EDIT: And to be fair, drinking from a jug that sits on the ground… What are we? Ant eaters with straw shaped tongues?

2 Likes

Rightclicking those things implies “picking it up to drink from it and then putting it down again”, lol. It is just a convenience function, like the thing you requested is. :wink:

And I am not sure why your image is broken, but I was able to click it to see it at the very least.

2 Likes

Probably an anti-directlink thing on that host.

Yeah, i would be happy with filling from taps.

2 Likes

And done.

:gregory: This Version should probably be working for you. ^^

(note 1: The scary sounding Description is only there to make sure people don’t use that Version lightly.)

(note 2: if you use this Version more often, make sure your Browser didn’t cache the Download)

1 Like

Pwetty please with cherries on top, could you make the tap fill the whole container rather than 250 L at a time?

Yes i know i am being needy. You don’t have to but it would be nice.

3 Likes

But you only drink 250L at a time! The perfect portion size! People and their binging habits. XD

1 Like

But in all seriousness, cant you just spamclick the Tap 8 times to fill the Jug 100% and THEN start drinking?, you dont have to go back and forth all the time, lol. Or like actually pick it up and rightclick the Tap for an instant fill to 100%?

1 Like

It’s fine, i have a macro that spams r-click every 10 ms.
But i am just afraid i would do it some day when i am really hungry and accidentally drick 2000 liters of the stuff and explode in diabetes.

I fill AFTER drinking for this very reason, can’t drink if not hungry.

2 Likes

You can use this interesting feature as a home page image. To be honest, it has not been changed for a long time. Recently, a lot of things have been updated.

2 Likes