Bug with the greg logo in the top left on mobile

The image becomes very blurry on mobile when you scroll down

2 Likes

IMG_6861

I don’t think it’s supposed to look like this

2 Likes

there is a logo for literally each and every OS, yeah the favicons are quite stupid for some phones, sometimes they MUST be jpegs for example.

Anyways, i’m pinging @OvermindDL1 for this.

2 Likes

The image when scrolled down is a very high quality SVG, I must ask what on Earth your browser is for it to be rendering so very poorly?!?

Like take a look at the direct link of it and load it up, it should scale infinitely and perfectly as you zoom in:

https://forum.mechaenetia.com/uploads/default/original/1X/c964d4eccc3f49b063a90f4bc8f65ce4a712f1af.svg

2 Likes

I use google chrome on IOS 17 (I think 17, it mightve updated and not told me)

2 Likes

How does that direct link look to you? Maybe right here?

This is the exact image in the corner after you scroll, the same url.

2 Likes

It only happens once the title of the topic appears

2 Likes

Correct, it’s the overlay header.

Again though, how does the image look to you in the post, because it’s the same URL as the one that appears in the header once you scroll down (and only once you scroll down), this is how it looks to me:

The image in the top-left and the image in the post are the same URL, it’s an SVG, scales perfectly, rendered at the quality that the browser renders it at (which should always be a pixel to pixel match with the screen resolution at the scale it’s rendered at). And it works in Firefox (linux, windows, and android), chrome (linux, windows, and android), edge (linux, windows, and android), opera (linux), and vivaldi (linux) that I tested here, they all render that SVG correctly (it’s not using any advanced effects at all, it’s as bog simple basic svg as svg can get).

2 Likes

The image in the post looks normal

2 Likes

Then it has to be your browsers rendering engine, it’s literally the same URL on both (I quite literally just copy and pasted it). I wonder if this is just yet another iOS brokenness, there’s so many of them
there nowadays…

1 Like

Also you’re not actually using Google chrome, if you are on iOS then you have a Google Chrome wrapper around safari, you’re just using Safari, regardless of its skin.

2 Likes