Bug with clay molds

Something I’ve found in my playthrough, let’s see, how to explain.

When roasting clay molds in the furnace, if you leave one in the output, say an axe ceramic mold, and enter a different clay mold in the input, say an ingot clay mold. It’ll cook it and you end up with two axe ceramic molds.
Are you able to replicate this?

2 Likes

Wait what?! Which Furnace are you using? I know exactly what happens but I cant believe this Issue exists in Vanilla.

If it is the vanilla furnace, can you smelt a Wooden Log into Charcoal and then smelt a piece of Coal Ore and see if the same thing happens because Coal and Charcoal share the same metadata?

2 Likes

Mm, I’m using gregtech so I can’t smelt logs into charcoal in the furnace. It is a regular old Vanilla furnace I’m using, minecraft:furnace and I don’t believe I’ve anything installed that modifies the furnace code.

What about limestone as a test? I can smelt limestone into smooth limestone (1735:7), so that’s sitting in output, now if it kept bugging I should be able to smelt limestone cobble(1735:1) directly into smooth limestone but it doesn’t smelt it until I remove the smooth limestone.

2 Likes

Oh fuck I just realized, the Molds use NBT specifically, so that is the reason it happens, not metadata…

I do not think that one is fixable, sorry.

3 Likes

Lol, not a problem for me so no need to apologise. Thanks for letting me know what causes it.

3 Likes

Yay, time to exploit that for clay mold mass production

2 Likes

It literally is just stackability there, you just end up producing the same Mold as the previous one instead of the Mold you actually want. XD

1 Like

I want many ingot shaped molds.
Step 1. Make a raw ingot mold by combining ingot and clay mold;
Step 2. Fire it;
Step 3. Make a lot of clay molds;
Step 4. Fire them all;
Step 5. ???
Step 6. PROFIT! Only spent 1 ingot on all of those molds.

2 Likes

Until you notice that Clay and Mud BRICKS count as ingots too for that Crafting Recipe :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like