Broken Recommended Mod Link

On the main download page, looks like the Alfheim mod got taken off of Curseforge. Looks like you can only download it from BitBucket now, the link for which is on the Minecraft Forum thread.

2 Likes

Looks like The Aether II’s slug got changed too, the link is https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/aether-ii/files/2273367 (without the “the” before aether)

2 Likes

Just why do people always have to break Links… I love how the response from the Alfheim Dev was practically “read announcement in discord channel for explanation”, which sounds really shitty… and that was over a year ago, so maybe that Announcement Channel had a ton of Messages since then and it got buried? No sense of persistence there…

Anyways fixed it.

1 Like

Oh yes, because that’s something we can definitely do without an account on that proprietary system or can web search for or access without JS or any other manner of ways. Discord is not a persistent medium and is not something to make referenced “announcements” on… >.>

That would be like saying “Check GT6’s IRC channel for GT6 updates” or so, which is again, of course, not searchable, not findable on the web, requires useless work, etc… >.>

1 Like

Yeah because IRC Logs are totally accessible and not just on some random peoples local Computers who happened to be online at that moment in time. XD

1 Like

I’m expecting this to happen in the future to other mods, as far as I have been told there’s some internal curseforge drama going on that targets modders, I didn’t really get the full picture but basically they’re gonna slap the equivalent of a “can’t be downloaded outside of the curseforge launcher” or something along those lines to all mods, with the catch that there’s a switch to allow them to be downloadable, but the author will need to turn that switch off manually. Given that the vast majority of 1.7 mods haven’t been updated in years and their authors have forgotten them or haven’t been interacting with them for half a decade and probably forgot their passwords, I can see how that might be a problem for people and why they’d want to close shop and move out.
Granted, it might be something else and I might be entirely wrong! I haven’t looked into the issue too much. But it sorta seems like it’d be the thing in question.

2 Likes

Those two links in question were broken more than a year ago so that doesn’t really apply to those two :wink:

1 Like