Battery charging speed

Is the (new I think?) charging speed of batteries intentional? It seems a little slow. I can only get a battery box to accept one amp per battery.

2 Likes

You are talking about Batteries right? Not Tools? Which Batteries are you talking about.

2 Likes

Yes, batteries. I saw the thing about tools in the changelog. If I remember correctly they used to charge faster (wiki agrees).

2 Likes

Are you sure the Batteries actually charge slower? They only charge once per second but they charge 20 times as much, so it lags far less to charge and discharge the Batteries, while keeping the exact same overall charge rate as before.

2 Likes

EV battery box with 1 battery -> 1 cable -> transformer -> transformer -> 1 cable with EU meter -> MV battery box with 1 battery.
So The EU meter alternates between 0 and 1020 (4 loss due to 4 amps @ 1 length of cable). Don’t know what the duty cycle is but it seems like it’s not on just for one tick, which makes sense because the battery fills for 5120 every one second. This equals 256 per tick so I assume the on time is a little over 5 ticks on average.
However, this setup should provide 4 amps of 255 per tick, which equals 20400 EU per second.

2 Likes

The Battery accepts 256 * 20 = 5120 per second, which is the exact maximum Speed the Battery should be charging at MV. Why do you think should it be even more?!

2 Likes

Didn’t it use to be 16x that? That’s what it says on the wiki and I don’t remember it taking as long to charge.
“It fails silently if the total energy received is sixteen times the maximum voltage per contained battery.”

2 Likes

The Wiki is not correct at all, what are you looking at? The GT5 Wiki?

2 Likes

This here:

1 Like