Automatic sap/resin harvesting?

title. some way to automatically get a bunch of my rainbow sap from the trees into storage would be great, cause that’s basically the only major thing i need automated in my base current

2 Likes

If I remember correctly I tried to do this some time ago. I remember I used funky locomotion and block breakers and block placers.

I think I used a block breaker to autobreak the sap bag. This should drop the sap on the ground too. Then I needed to replace the sap bag on the tree but that created a problem. When the block placer places the sap bag it will not place it against the tree but turned 180 degrees. I solved it by placing the block placer next to the tree and rotated such that when the sap bag gets placed its rotated correctly, but its not placed on the tree but against the block placer. Then I used the moving machine from funky locomotion to push the sap bag onto the tree. I built redstone logic to repeat this process once in a time. I worked. I can try to find the world where I built it and make a screenshot.

2 Likes

so actually I did not use block placer but deployer from blue power, as well as block breaker from blue power. I also used vacuum hoppers from open blocks but I am sure it could be done differently.

3 Likes

I presume a Rightclicker thingy does not work for this?

1 Like

i was mainly trying to use it for rainbow sap, because i already had MFR’s rubber trees giving me latex… i should actually try an autonomous activator or something!

2 Likes

I think I was trying to use the deployer to harvest it but if I remember correctly it did not work so I tried to use the sap bag and I managed to make it work :smiley:

2 Likes

You need to deploy onto the sap bag not the hole LOL

1 Like

I think I tried that too and it did not work. But I am not sure maybe I did not.

2 Likes