Add more High Tech Content

You added much cross-mod things. But what about GT’s own? Fusion, high-tier machines, solar panels, generators and energy storage and many other.

2 Likes

I had two days before release after I was sick, I needed to do something fast so that the Release wouldn’t be literally nothing. :wink:

But yeah I definitely need to make more Stuff.

2 Likes

Thanks. Really need fusion and high tiers.

2 Likes

Hope that one works for you. XD

3 Likes

Wow, that’s really high tier… :laughing:

2 Likes

There’s a question about lightning strikes: Do lightning rods detect only naturally spawning lightning or all type lightning? If that’s the case, a lot of EU can be generated with lightning-generating things in some mods (such as the Twilight Forest Portal), which can destroy the balance of the game.
Also, does a high-tech product like this need something like an assembler instead of a crafting table to assemble? I think it can lock the techtree… (After all, you can make the ultimate circuit board during the LV period)

3 Likes

Thaumcraft also give the ability to produce lightning on demand via one of its wand gizmos.
I’ll need to build a lightning rod and get the resident mage to give it a shock and see what happens. :thinking::grin:

2 Likes
  1. Random Lightning doesn’t work and never did with the Lightning Rod, it doesn’t detect Lightning at all, just the Worldwide Weather, so the only way I know to exploit this is using the Forestry Rainmaker or something.

2. You need at least one Crystal Processor, and for that you need a Laser Engraver, meaning it is locked behind those, well and behind the ability to make loads of Titanium and Tungsten.

2 Likes

There are quite a few Rainmaking spells, rituals, and dveices. Even more dismiss rain. Far fewer storm making devices, spells, or rituals though (one or two).

Nice to know all those combat lightning bolt spells won’t muddle it up (like the IE one afaik).

3 Likes

You could abuse the Lightning Rod itself to make Charged Creepers as it does spawn its own Lightning Bolt when ever it pretends to have been hit. :wink:

2 Likes

What are the new versions of the “quadcore processing units” added for? Is it used to build multiblock structures? If so, which multiblock structures can they be used to build? What’s the difference between them? What role do they play in multiblock structures?

3 Likes

Yes they are planned for some Multiblocks that I did not add yet, its easier to add Stuff when everything is prepared for that :wink:

2 Likes

I found a problem: the Weather Controller of Draconic Evolution and Calculator can change the weather into thunderstorms, and cooperating with lightning rods can break the balance of the game.

2 Likes

As I know lighting roods are genereting their lihgtnings themselves, so natural lightings cannot charge them

2 Likes

What about fusion, better energy storage and generators, high-tier solar panels?

2 Likes

The Global Weather is what makes the lightning Rods work, so a Weather Controller really seems like one of the things that can do Thunderstorms.

Here a short incomplete List of things that will work for cheesing the Lightning Rod:

Forestry Rainmaker (though Rain is less Efficient than Thunder)
The aforementioned Weather Controllers (if they actually globally change Weather)
Mystcraft Weather Pages, so you could place a Lightning Rod in an eternal Thunder/Rain Age.

3 Likes

So if I will stay on top of the rod and run command /summon minecraft:lightning ~ ~ ~; then rod will not accept the lightning, but if I run /weather thunger; then I will get some electricity though the time?

2 Likes

exactly, the rod itself basically does the summon lightning whenever it gets hit, in order to flavor the situation. So you can use it to make Lightning Creepers.

2 Likes

Water ritual (earlygame) from Blood Magic creates storm. Not tested, may be compatible.

3 Likes

By the way, I found that even eight dense tungsten steel burning box (512HU/t) can not make large titanium boiler (8192HU/t) work, so that large boilers other than stainless steel are useless. Will stronger burning box be added in the future? Or add a multiblock burning box?

2 Likes