Acrylic chemical dyes and plexiglass?

These are some very boring suggestions. Maybe Greg will think that I have committed “chemind addiction” again. They are basically impossible to be accepted, but GT6U may be able to.
All this comes from a chat in the QQ group:
At that time, in a QQ group discussing gt6, they were discussing about IC crop hybridization, which involved the consumption of Weed-Ex by crop matron. Then I casually mentioned “can to add a chemical method to produce pesticides”. As a result, someone began to complain that “there is no synthetic dye, how can there be synthetic pesticides”, and inadvertently mentioned synthetic dyes.
For synthetic dyes, it is really useless for the game mechanism of MC, because MC will not fade after dyeing, so cumbersome chemical synthesis has no advantage over flowers. At present, there is no mod boredom to add them. But this reminds me of one thing: the chemical dyes of GT are very strange. They seem to be oily dyes (added vegetable oil), and sulfuric acid and salt are added in gt5 (even more strange), so I thought of other chemical synthetic solvents for oily dyes.
Then I thought of acrylic dye (I remember seeing this kind of pigment in the classroom where I studied painting when I was a child. Although I have never painted with it, I always use water-based pigment), its solvent is polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) and mineral oil (such as paraffin oil). Maybe it’s a good idea, However, the synthesis of PMMA monomer methyl methacrylate (MMA) is difficult (oh, no, it involves troublesome Organic Chemistry…). In addition to acrylic dye, another common use of PMMA is plexiglass(also “organic glass” or “acrylic glass”). It can be as transparent as ordinary glass and can have a variety of colors and fluorescence. However, they are actually more like plastic than glass, so they can be easily and completely collect without breaking like the vanilla glass. (am I jumping a little too much?).
In addition, I also think of sodium polyacrylate absorbent gel (yes, 1.12.2’s rockhounding added it), may be used as “artificial sponge”? (gt6u is possible because it even adds acrylic acid).

2 Likes

For plexiglass, if it’s ever implemented, I’d recommend that it replaces regular glass in the recipes of hazard suit helmets as plexiglass is less brittle. Although gameplay-wise it seems that the synthesis of such polymers would have too much complexity.

2 Likes