About the overclock in one-block machine

when i use gt6 machine, the overclock loss is unacceptable.It will consume more energy and time to complete a process, just contrary to economies of scale.How about change it to overclock bonus, more power tier more effectively work, it will make a new logic in gregtech6,encourage players to use high tier machine and upgrade product line.About the drawback, possibly it may reduce the player’s gaming-time.

2 Likes

Then people wont use the bigger Multiblock Machine though, which is the true economic of scale. :wink:

(yes i know not all Machines have a Multiblock variant, but the important ones do)

Also you do get at least a small speed bonus for running the low tier machine at its maximum power.

1 Like

can you provide an on-off config to disable overclock loss?

1 Like

problems with multiblock machine, stack limited 64/slot, 64 thread is reduced to 7 or 9 when recipe has more than one output.can you solve this bug or feature?

2 Likes

It actually works correctly, you dont need to run 64 at a time for the full efficiency improvement. It is smart about this kinda stuff, so this is NOT a bug, it works properly as is, and you only THINK it doesn’t even though it actually does, because you dont check how fast things go, and because a ton of Machines have different characteristics. What I meant to say is “they dont work like the GT6 Coke Oven, doing less in parallel does not affect the over all efficiency”

1 Like

you mean it is smart, when 64 thread reduced to 7 time-needed also reduce?

2 Likes

That case will NOT fuck up the efficiency, dont worry about it, it is smart about it!