About the Logistics Core (Looking for more Ideas)

1. Yes they work in Parallel.
  2. Well you can have 108 CPUs, 3 of which have to be something other than Range, so 105 meters + 2 meters = 107 meters = 215x215x215 Cube.
  3. That is a more complicated deal, the Drawers Mod will work just fine, as for AE, you might need an ME Chest, and I haven’t used Modular Storage all that much to judge it.
  4. Not directly, but you can easily just put a Box there and attach the Robot Arm Cover. I do want everything that I added before to still work without just obsoletifying it.
  5. It would be either the closest or the furthest, depends on the order at which the Wire got scanned.
3 Likes

Does that mean that processes with the same processing and priority have different operating order depending on the order in which the wires are scanned?

3 Likes

Yeah because shit cant be parallel, something has to be iterated over in some way. And the order in which it’s scanned will either be closest or reverse depending on import or export.

3 Likes

I would like to add devices like AE terminals to display the number of items/fluids in the logistics network, and to manually put items/fluids into the logistics network.
Also, the conflict with AE wants to be repaired… (Yes, AE cables are out of use now)

3 Likes

Elaborate that sentence please, you kinda mistranslated that one i think.

That should be doable I think, i haven’t tried it but an ME Chest should very much be able to have a GT6 Storage Bus on it.

2 Likes

So I got a few more Ideas which I already mentioned in that Blog Post:

A Cover that shows CPU Load of the Logistics Core in the form of Redstone and maybe also a direct Display Cover like the one for Battery Boxes.

And Mass Storages with integrated Logistics Capability, so you dont need a Generic Storage Bus + Logistics Wire on the backside of your Mass Storage Walls.

3 Likes

Is it possible to access LogisticsCore information using OpenComputers or ComputerCraft?
If the feature is not in LogisticsCore, add it.
In the case of AE2, you can access almost all information on the network using OpenComputers
or ComputerCraft, which is very convenient.

3 Likes

There is gonna be a Redstone Data Read Out Cover that you can use. Though the Logistics Core itself does not work the way you might think it works. It re-scans the network once per second and then does stuff in that second, meaning absolutely nothing is cached for things like “reading storage using a GUI”, there needs to be way more cache in order to pull that off, and then the storage scan wouldn’t be all that reliable either. There is a reason why the AE Storage GUIs have a Lag Spike behind every grab of an item, because it has to re-validate random Storages like chests.

2 Likes

I also have some suggestions.
1.A cover or machine with a filter that can directly input or output items to one player’s inventory. Without using a container as a media between the storage and inventory.

2.A small compat request about one mod: Lootbags.
That mod has added some lootbags that contain some random loot items in it. They working as small chests. Opening them one by one is a too tired work. So can you add a function in one machine that can automatically open them?:wink::+1:
Besides,a GT4 machine,Scrapboxinator,also match this function.

Here are the mod link:https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/lootbags

Looking forward to your reply.

2 Likes

Doesn’t the Loot Bags Mod already have a Machine to open its Bags?

And modifying the Player Inventory is in the TODO List in some way, though I am not sure how I will pull that off. I know how it can work but I dont know what style of interaction I would go for.

2 Likes

I am so sorry that I haven’t found that block in 1.7.10.Could you show it to me?
The bag opener seems only in 1.10.2 version and above.
Very thanks for your reply.:+1:

2 Likes

A pad they can stand on. Set to pull things out of whatever slots, put things into whatever slots, maybe based on types or whatever?

Could have a ‘remote’ one that uses drones to fly out to the player. ^.^

2 Likes

Oh, I only read the description of the Mod, so i thought it was in there. Well I will see what I can do, i downloaded it and added it to my test world. If so the Unboxinator already exists and could do this, since it can do it with Scrapboxes too already.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your interest in this issue.:smile::+1:

2 Likes

So, the logistics network can replace those OP AE2 networks (e.g. 3 ME Drives, controller and other things that use less than 10 blocks of space and stores nearly infinite items)?

2 Likes

In some regards yes it can.

1 Like

More Logistics Stuffs. with Logistics Specific Mass Storages and CPU Monitors that show you how much you are actually using so you can optimize costs better.

4 Likes

This mass storage is kinda like ME Storage but 'less overpowered and more reasonable" as GT stuff usually is?

3 Likes

Yep, and only one Item per Block, not 10 Drives full of 63 different items each.

2 Likes

Logistic wire requires lvl 5 cutter to break. But it is almost impossible to make if you do not have other mods. Maybe it can be downgraded to lvl 4.

3 Likes