A remodel to my machine processing area!

After realizing I need to have a bigger space and having three seprate buildings was kind of getting in the way, I remodeled my base. During the remodel, I realized my machines were all two blocks taller than my floor for the new base, so I took the time to redo it and tried to despaghetti it. I also decided to try putting bronze covers on everything since I overcompensated my systems pipes with big ol’ pipes and got a new extruder to make the clean up easy. Here’s how it turned out, not sure if I like the look, but it was just something to try out, here’s my spaghetti free machine area:

Okay I lied, I shoved the spaghetti in the attic.

3 Likes

Very nice!

Have you tried using the ic2 painter on GT6 pipes? You can color them any way you like. I always color code my pipes.

You can alternatively dip the pipes into a basin full of dye, and make colored pipes that way.

3 Likes

Haven’t gotten to dyes yet, but I’ll keep that in mind for the future! Thanks for the suggestion!

2 Likes

You can already do Dyes, since you need to just mixing bowl a vanilla dye with some water to get basic dye you can use in the bathing pot.

2 Likes

Nooooooo I don’t wanna pick flowers yeeeet

2 Likes

Use minerals. Malachite is green, lapis is blue…

3 Likes

You can’t make me!

2 Likes

I would never know that machines could be colored, if I didn’t accidentally use IC2 painter on some pipe or a machine. It’s cool that machines and other things can be painted.

2 Likes

I’m going to cry.

3 Likes

Boiler malfunction?

3 Likes

The most dangerous steam project was 2048RF plant producting IC2 industrial diamonds from coal

i would say you need pressure valve on a very every steam pipe route, and yes, blowed up a lot of setups aswell, so my condolences

2 Likes

Gas burning boxes can have a redstone cover and turn off with a signal.

2 Likes

Of course, but covers are aluminium, and was not available at the moment of creation :}

2 Likes

Yeah, I got ADHD so making sure my pipes are all connected correctly is a challenge.

2 Likes

This is a great modpack for ADHD and OCD. I should know.

3 Likes

It’s what makes it a challenge! I’ll get it right eventually!

2 Likes

BEHOLD, MY FINALLY WORKING AND NON-EXPLOSIVE MACHINE AREA. I SWEAR TO GOD IF IT BLOWS UP AGAIN I AM GOING TO probably just start over again and be a little sad.

I made a basement for the boilers, no lights because they were naughty last time and I am using unethical punishment on these non-feeling machines to make myself feel better.

4 Likes

I so love the exposed pipe aesthetic, lol.

1 Like