A question regarding Item Filter Covers

Noticed that Item Filter Covers don’t work in the middle of a pipe. If connected like on screenshot below filter just lets any item through so all items end up in the same chest (closest I assume). The question is - are cover filters supposed to work only with inventories or is it a bug?

GT v6.11.21

screenshot

Ah, and another question. Glass tubes containing liquids, gasses don’t work with fluid filter covers. Can it be helped?

4 Likes

Glass tubes containing liquids, gasses don’t work with fluid filter covers

You can use Drum to set filter. However setting filter by glass tubes is useful, I want to do it :slight_smile:

I want the function which can set filter by drag-and-drop items of NEI’s item panel lol.

3 Likes

Measuring Pot works fine too for setting filters. Just got surprised that glass tubes cannot do that.

3 Likes

Yeah only at the End Points of Item Pipes, you cant put them in the middle of Pipes. The Routing Mechanism is based on scanning the entire area and then always trying the shortest path possible, completely ignoring which pipes have let up to that path for performance reasons.

Oh right that. I cant put actual Fluid Container Values on them, and in hindsight I should have made the Glass Tubes like Measuring Pots instead of Meta Items. The reason for it not containing the Fluid using Fluid Registry is its 1/9th of a Unit, so for a Fluid that has 1000 per Unit it would round down to 111 Liters, but that is less than 111.11111111 meaning it would result in a dupe. If I do 112 Liters its more than 111.11111111 resulting in an even supier dupe.

Though I can add a special case for the Tubes. Sure.

Edit: Added it, wait 10 mins and it should work in the secret version XD

3 Likes

There we go, its fixed.

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. Then will use filter blocks. Until can afford item network.

Glass tubes buff, yay! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You can place the Item Filter Covers at the Endpoints of Pipes if you need to. At least according to your Screenshot that would work.

2 Likes

Actually cannot do that. Setup on screenshot was made solely for testing purposes. The “real” thing is slightly more complex.

Trying to automate ore processing bit by bit. :wink:

3 Likes

Item barrels might be useful Filters too just so you know. Especially for Dusts. At least if you want to filter for one specific Item. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, I know about item barrels and do use them. But in the nodes of pipe network where main storage is several chunks away filters just fit better.

3 Likes