A question about the textures of bottles

I found that the textures of potions in the bottlecrate is strange.

For example, some positive effects, such as fire resistance, water breathing, night vision, invisibility, healing, their shorter lasting time(common 3:00, splash 2:15) versions has textures which are same as the water.
But other postive effects(speed, strength, regeneration, has 6 versions) and negative ones(4 versions) do not have this issue.
So it is a special design?
Also, the blood bottle?
GT6.15.07

2 Likes

Bottles render with the Fluid that is assigned to them, and if there is no Fluid they will use Water.

Blood is simply not actually a Fluid in that case, unless you have the Mod that adds it.

And I would recommend upgrading to 6.15.08 due to an unrelated but very annoying Bug.

2 Likes

Waaaait I just checked ALL potions in my test World and i mean ALL potions including splash potions, what is the metadata value of the faulty ones you have? Because all my Potions have a dedicated Fluid, and yours seem to miss a Fluid.

2 Likes

I understand what you mean.

Left one is the fire resistance potion(3:00, meta 8227) which i get it directly by using creative mode.
Right one is a potion which i get it from brewing.(3:00, meta 8195).
8226 8228 8194 and 8196 are normal.
But weakness(1:30, meta 8200 and 8232) are all normal.
So how to solve?

2 Likes

Ugh I need a List of all Potions AND their Metadata, so that I can assign Fluids to them…

So a List of “Metadata → Name/Level/Duration of Potion”

Also I need a List of Mods that you have, because I have a different Potion List in my Creative/NEI Menu than you have…

2 Likes

So I launched my “Just GT6 and NEI” Pack, and it has the same Potion Bottle Metadata that my normal Test Pack has, so whatever it is, it is caused by some other Mod…

What makes me very suspicious is that the Metadata values you told me about are identical to the ones Et Futurum uses for its lingering Potion Item, so something must be messing with it, and weirdly enough it is NOT Et Futurum (despite them using the same “wrong” metadata) because I do have it in my normal Test Pack too…

2 Likes

Sorry for bugging you again, but could it be that you grabbed the wrong Potions? Specifically the “awkward + Ingredient + redstone + glowstone” variant of the Potions which are identical to the variant without redstone or glowstone?

2 Likes

I tried two client, first one contains 400+mods and second one only GT6(I built a new world for test), however, the metaID list is completely same…
What should I do?
Now I will try another client.

2 Likes

Just give me a list of “Metadata → Name/Level/Duration of Potion” for all your potion bottles, since you did not seem to have any “bottle filled with different potion than was actually in it”-issue, I will be able to just assign your wrong IDs to the bottles, so that they count as filled with the correct potion. ^^

2 Likes

OK.
List.xlsx (11.2 KB)
I find that why weakness potion is effective is there are two GT6 recipes, which supports its two metaIDs:

If Et_Futurum_Requiem is installed, its jump improvement potion also has this issue.

2 Likes

I FINALLY found out what it was (and fixed it), so you know how some potions CANT have redstone added to them for more length? Well if the Potion has the metadata to add length despite that not being possible it will turn into the wrong potions you have shown me. Same goes with Glowstone for things that dont have a level 2!

2 Likes

Thanks for your fix.
You mean that these potions which have this issue already have been added the glowstone.
For exmaple, glowstone+32, redstone+64, splash+8192.
But these stupid 4-versions-potions shorter time versions has already +32 in the creative mode(Because these buffs do not have level 2), that is why GT6’s bottlecrate(and machine? even vanilla Brewing Stand)do not understand them.
And why debuffs potions(do not have level 2) do not be affected because both its common version and its glowstone version can be get from the level 1 and 2 buff potions.
So it seems a vanilla issue.

2 Likes

Yep it is a vanilla Issue, luckily with GT6 you can fix it by just dumping the bottle into any container and then refilling it with the exact same Fluid and suddenly it’s the good and working Potion Bottle. Well you can after updating that is, this is a minor issue so I am not gonna rush a release like the other Issue I caused by accident (see changelog of 6.15.08).

2 Likes