A possible bug led to the strange vanished of fluid in vertically stacked drums

Today, I was playing GT6 live on bilibili. Because the live broadcast software took up a lot of memory, there was a serious lag in my computer, and the FPS fell to about 10. I stacked two tungsten drums vertically on the bath and set the wrench to the automatic output mode, one filled with hydrochloric acid (256000L) and the other half filled with hydrochloric acid (128000L). According to the calculation, these hydrochloric acid can treat 4 stacks (256) of limonite dust. As a result, after a period of time, I found that it stopped inexplicably. I found that 23 limonite dust had not been processed, Then there was no hydrochloric acid in the drum and input slot. After checking to make sure that it was not accidentally forgotten somewhere, I thought it was a strange bug that led to the inexplicable disappearance of hydrochloric acid, because I seemed to have encountered similar things before, so I had to open the creative mode to cheat and take some hydrochloric acid… It was really embarrassing to do this in front of the audience in the live broadcast room.
This bug may be difficult to reproduce, and it seems that it only appears when the computer is seriously lag. I don’t know the principle of this bug. It may increase the probability of occurrence if multiple drums are stacked vertically and set to automatic output. I’m not sure…

2 Likes

Uhm I dont think the Issue is Lag, I can tell you that for sure, Lag never actually causes Bugs of this Type in a mostly singlethreaded Videogame.

So whatever happened supposedly voided the HCl in your Drums? Which Version of GT6 are you using?

1 Like

I’m sure I’m using the latest version 6.15.01
In addition, there are some strange features about the “pseudo-multiblock” of vertically stacked drums. For example, if you stack two drums containing hydrogen under a gas burning box and set them to automatic output, and then ignite the burning box, it is true that the lower hydrogen will supplement the upper drum at first, but if the hydrogen in the lower drum is consumed, Then all the hydrogen will suddenly run into the lower drum. I don’t know why. It may have something to do with this bug.

2 Likes

super dumb question: Was the Acid stuck in the TOP drum all along and you just did not look at it?

1 Like

But after I harvested both drums, I found that they were empty, which means that the acid mystery disappeared.

2 Likes

Are you playing on a Server? If so is it a normal Forge Server or some Bukkit Clone?

1 Like

No, I use a stand-alone

2 Likes