A failed base selection

As seen, I have chosen a completely bad base for early game, have little space, no roof, and not automation-friendly.

Further more, it’s already hard to move to a new base since I already stored too many items in chests…errrr…

p.s. plz ignore the pipe spaghetti

5 Likes

Don’t be like England. First, it’s “only a small area, we don’t have to use careful plans”, and then it’s a town with 30,000 people and extremely confusing roads.

1. Make a small section for each thing. Eg. “this 7x7 area is for the blast furnace”. Leave a little extra space. You will need it.
  2. Make good paths. Or, if you don’t care, make paths by leaving empty space between sections.
  3. Make an area for “temporary builds”. If you use a temporary machine often, build it permanently somewhere else.
  4. Make sure that whatever you build now, you can make it bigger later.
4 Likes

My recommendation is to make concrete, think about what exactly your problems are, and then build a factory with that in mind. “I need more space” build areas with lots of space. “I’m not close to X” build close to X. etc.

4 Likes

but pipe spaghetti is delicious

4 Likes

this pipes sooo huge… tank is much cheaper

3 Likes

you can build a floating factory just above your current base, then you only need to take the storings up in your spare time.

3 Likes

that could be a nice idea cuz there’s a deep pit near the base :thinking:

2 Likes

Where are all the monsters!? You should be SO DEAD.

2 Likes

Maybe you should stop schilling your hardcore server that badly. XD

Or at the very least provide more context. :wink:

1 Like

I can’t play vanilla anymore! All I see are dark spots!

2 Likes

DevouringDarkness is single player too! Everyone should have the opportunity to play GT6 as survival horror this time of year.

3 Likes

I prefer peaceful mode and just enjoy making machines :stuck_out_tongue:
p.s. all my deaths are caused by falling&boiling alive

4 Likes

Those are noble deaths indeed!

2 Likes

My favourite was inproper handling of cobalt-60. Bring back the deadly nugget surprises I say.

2 Likes

Oh good someone else also plays in peaceful

2 Likes

Devouring Darkness, free ptsd with every download!

3 Likes

PTSD with an extra helping of starvation!

1 Like