Unexpected behavior of steam turbines

But my problem was that I had to feed less steam then a nominal cap value.

2 Likes

So you wlll need to add a useless turbine for consuming excess steam. You can adjust the flux by using longer or narrower pipes. According to my experience flux is equal to the Volume in the lastest pipe and for each pipe connected to it before it must be restrained by the first pipe’s max flux, which is N times of the true flux. In one word I mean you can use an unefficient pipe as a throttle valve.

2 Likes

I must point that Greg wrote a shit logic about Fluid Pipes. When I did a huge amount of tests with them I found even the flowing direction do affect the logic. A pipeline towards east can be different to another towards west. I had tried writing a systematic Description Book about the Fluid Pipes and I had to give up thanks to their shit behaviors regardless of reproducing experiments.

3 Likes

Yeah that is the Issue of me trying to make their Behavior Atomic. They have to tick and those ticks are in the order the Pipes are loaded, which in turn is based on compass directions, which I hoped got fixed by ticking even and odd pipes in a different tick list…

I can only “fix” the Pipes by just scrapping the everything and restarting…

2 Likes

But why sometimes a little part of fluid flows into next pipe rather than drums connected? I supposed it always want to get out of the pipeline because each pipe has resistance. It happens when the drum isn’t placed at the terminal position of the pipeline. Maybe 1L or more of 1000L flows to the wrong place.

2 Likes

That is due to the way it tries to even out Pipes I guess… all i can do by now is guessing because even after trying to fix pipes several times (which did make them slightly better each time), I don’t exactly know everything about them…

I wish I would have made them similar to Immersive Engineering Pipes…

2 Likes

Most turbines accept a range of steam values, so anywhere in that range is ok. Produce more than the minimum, it’ll all get used up.

Alternatively use a safety valve.

2 Likes

You could make a new pipe type, then make a migration from old to new if a good way to do that is come up with (and until then people could use the new when they want).

Could craft old pipe into new pipe, or vice-versa, with original recipe going to one or the other?

1 Like

Or could make a new pipe type, called pressurized pipes or so, perhaps requires hooking up a pressurization hookup on it somewhere to ‘power’ the line (or just screw it and make them like item pipes but for fluids, distributing to outputs, which yes a pipe with a pressure valve on it would be such an output too).

2 Likes