Squeezer recipe processing time

I’ve come across another timing issue, I think.
A bronze squeezer takes about 52 seconds to process one stack of reeds at 64 KU/t. It should take 12.5 seconds.
Test setup: MV battery box with 1 battery -> MV engine @ 64 KU/t -> bronze squeezer.

2 Likes

KU has the PUSH/PULL thing, meaning you need to cycle a push and a pull in order to finish a Recipe.

2 Likes

What exactly is the push/pull thing?

2 Likes

Its like a Piston, only if the Piston moves UP and DOWN it can actually do a full cycle.

2 Likes

And it outputs energy once per cycle? So that means part of the energy is voided? How long does a cycle take, 1 second?

2 Likes

No, the reverse energy is not voided. It just needs one PUSH and one PULL to happen for a Recipe to complete after the energy requirement is met, that is all.

And those Cycles take as much as you let them take. Engines have different Cycles based on how you power them.

2 Likes

So how do you go about designing the right cycle? If I want to use a squeezer at maximum speed, say 64 KU/t, how can I achieve a short enough cycle? Is that even possible?

2 Likes

Didn’t electric engines used to have a setting that allowed you to adjust the cycle time? I want to say it used to be done with the screwdriver but now that sets their maximum power output, which seems kind of strange. Shouldn’t it be using a selector tag to do that?

2 Likes

Yeah the Mode Switch should work on the Electric ones. And Power Input making the Engine go Red works for Steam Engines.

1 Like

You don’t need the mode switch for electric ones though… hitting them with the screwdriver says it changes their power output and the default to half power and you have to scrwedriver them up to red to get full power. Does that also change the cycle time?

2 Likes

Yes, Red means fast cycle.

A while ago I made the Squeezer do more Recipes in Parallel to make Recipes slow enough to basically always have a Cycle hit.

1 Like

So to make this work you should screwdriver an MV engine to red for the fast cycle time, and install a selector tag to keep its power output limited to 64 KU/t?

2 Likes

The selector tag and the screwdriver do the same thing.

How is the cycle time/energy determined with respect to tier and power output?
Is it based on energy and the time changes due to change in output (screwdriver)?

Also, it seems that energy is indeed voided. I put a stack of reeds in bronze squeezers powered by different engines:
LV engine @ 16 KU/t used about 35840EU and ~55 seconds
LV engine @ 24 KU/t used about 55200 EU and ~57 seconds
LV engine @ 32 KU/t used about 33280 EU and ~26 seconds
MV engine @ 64 KU/t used about 133120 EU and ~54 seconds

2 Likes

The overflow Energy not used until the cycle completes might be voided, but the PUSH and PULL themselves are not voiding anything.

1 Like

With regular engines the cycle time gets shorter the closer they are max power. Is it the same with electric engines? I thought electric engines used to have a directly selectable cycle time, but maybe the best you can do is run an LV engine at max power rather than an MV engine at half power, unless as I suggested before, you can screwdriver the MV engine to max, and also limit it to half with a selector.

It used to be that when pressing sugar cane you wanted to stick to a fully powered bronze engine and nothing higher or it would waste energy as you are seeing, but I thought that the addition of the 4x batches fixed that.

2 Likes

Yes you can directly tweak the Electric one.

As for the specifics of Sugarcane, I dont exactly know to what value you have to tune it.

1 Like

But how do you tweak the cycle time of the electric one without changing the power output? Isn’t the question whether that is possible or not? Cause the selector covers and screwdriver have the same functionality.

2 Likes

Yeah Speed and Power are inversely proportional. I know that was a dumb Idea back then. But I cant change it by now without breaking peoples shit, so all I can suggest is taking a higher or lower Tier Engine and setting it to the minimum or maximum to reach the adjacent Tiers specification.

2 Likes

Yea, you pretty much have to stick with a maxed out LV engine for cheap squeezer recipes instead of a half power MV engine, even though you aren’t maxing out the KU that the squeezer can accept.

2 Likes