Server crash from GregAPI Loot Chest (Exception while updating neighbours)

So bumpy! Lol.
Ā 

3 Likes

Yeah okay these bumps need to stop, Iā€™m gonna ask Chocohead again about it if he is gonna ASM it or not.

3 Likes

Needs to be looked at again, now that @OvermindDL1 helps with ASM stuffs.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t later careful-cast-corrector versions fix it?
Like I can fix it (properly) but then you would need to remove careful-cast-corrector.

1 Like

Looking closer, it looks like another mod caused that crash, it should be impossible for the BlockChest not to have the corresponding TileEntityChest, and definitely not a random GT6 TE unless some mod was doing something really really funkyā€¦ There are soooo many mods in that pack though that I canā€™t even hazard a guessā€¦

2 Likes

archived Jan 5, '20
~
1 year later
~
unarchived 21 hours ago

That was one random mail that just flew into my inbox :joy:
Amazing to see that this issue was still on the radar after ~2 years (and it makes me happy to hear from GT again).

@OvermindDL1 yes that modpack is really packed with mods and had to be carefully assembled, fixed and hacked to work during its 3 years of evolution :slight_smile:
If any more information to tackle this old issue is needed Iā€™m glad to help.
But the modpack hasnā€™t been played since 1 year and if the probabilities to spot the specific piece of asm to patch inside of such a mess are too low, just put this back into the archive :wink:

2 Likes

We did manage to find something that was broken. Imagine setBlock not actually ending up setting the Block with a 0.0001% chance, whenever it is in a chunk that has its neighbors not generated yet. Yes that kind of bullshit MIGHT have been the cause. XD

It might be fixed in the Dev Version now, but i doubt you could replicate it anyways, since it not only needs a Seed we dont know yet, but also needs the player to approach the crashing location at a certain angle.

:gregory: This Version should probably be working for you. ^^

(note 1: The scary sounding Description is only there to make sure people donā€™t use that Version lightly.)

(note 2: if you use this Version more often, make sure your Browser didnā€™t cache the Download)

1 Like