Questions on material names in gregtech.lang

Looking through gregtech.lang, I found a discrepancy in the name of some elements. I don’t speak English, so please help me understand if this is the correct spelling or if there is a mistake?

These are these discrepancies:

Biennnilium - Anti-Biennilium
Lantanum - Anti-Lantanium
Triennnilium - Anti-Triennilium
Unennnilium - Anti-Unennilium

Also, for these forms of antimatter, there is no normal form of matter:

Anti-Ununoctium
Anti-Ununpentium
Anti-Ununseptium
Anti-Ununtrium

What’s the best choice? 1. Remove these antimatter; 2. Add Ununoctium, Ununpentium, Ununseptium and Ununtrium; 3. Rename to Anti-Oganesson, Anti-Moscovium, Anti-Tennessine and Anti-Nihonium respectively?

3 Likes

Yeah the Anti Materials are pretty much unused by now. I am not sure if I’m even gonna use them later on.

As for the “missing” Anti Materials, just remember I renamed the Normal Matter Counterparts of those without renaming the Anti ones.

And the Unnamed Materials work using Latin Numbers and appending “-ium” to them.

So all in all, only Lantan(i)um is something i need to check.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but how is that right?
BieNNNilium - Anti-BieNNilium
3 n or 2 n?

3 Likes

Bi Enn Nil ium, so yes it is right.

2 Likes

I think when it comes round to updating antimatter technology Greg will sort all this out, so probably no need to worry right now.

3 Likes

Yeah that too, I kinda somewhat planned to redo that Antimatter Material List a little, or at the very least to automate it much better, by copying the stats of whatever Regular Matter they are counterpart of.

Also fun random thing I just thought about, the real Life Matter has Protons as Positive and Electrons as Negative, this does not make sense at all, because a Proton without an Electron should be negatively charged in the sense of “lacking” an Electron, while Electrons are Positive, but again real Life has it named the other way around meaning the Matter we are made of is actually Antimatter!

2 Likes

I don’t get why they aren’t called negatrons to match their proton and neutron counterparts.

2 Likes

or Contraton, that way it doesn’t sound like Megatron XD

2 Likes