Possibly About Chunk Load

I used the same map and the same machine in single mode and multiplayer mode, so I’m sure I’ve provided enough power.
I tested Crusher and Shredder on the server.Crusher can run normally, but Shredder can’t.

This is a screenshot of my test.
Shredder often stops working, but Crusher never seems to.
Perhaps the problem is the turbine, not the Shredder?

2 Likes

Your Boilers end up with Calcification, that might be the Issue there. Use Distilled Water.

But what about the “leave the chunk and everything stops working” Issue? That is entirely different?

1 Like

I know the boiler will calcify, so the test time is very short.
I mean, when I left chunk, the machine didn’t work properly.
The machine did not stop running completely.It often stops in the middle of the process and then runs normally, and then stops in the middle.Or it can be said that when the processing is halfway through, it starts again from scratch.
But if I stand in the chunk where the machine is, the machine never stops halfway.

2 Likes

Could it be that there is some setting that reduces the ticks per second whenever you are not around the Area? Because that can screw over a lot of things!

1 Like

I don’t think there is such a setting.
But what you mean is that if the number of ticks per second is not equal to 20, this problem will arise?
In servers, it is very common that TPS is not equal to 20 because of hardware performance or number of players.Maybe that’s the problem.
When TPS is below 20, other Mod machines will slow down, but GT6 machines will stop, which may be the problem.

Edit:
I think the server may have some fixed settings, keeping the TPS of the chunk where the player is located is always equal to 20.So when players and machines are in the same chunk.The machine can work properly.

Some interesting things:
In addition, it seems that when animals move, they also keep TPS at 20.Because I found that when there were animals in the area where the machine was located, the number of stops decreased.
I used a lead to hang the chicken in the sky and keep it moving all the time. The frequency of stopping in the middle of the machine was significantly reduced.But there is still the possibility of stopping halfway.
Can you imagine hanging some chickens in the sky in order for the machine to work properly?:joy:

2 Likes

Correct, this problem will arise.

All GT Machines expect a consistent amount of Power to be inserted. Having inconsistent Ticks will result in a lot of Issues for that.

Not more ridiculous than just having an AFK Player in the Sky XD

1 Like

However, no matter how high the hardware performance is, TPS may be less than 20, even 19 may cause this problem.It would be too harsh to force TPS to be 20.:pensive:

2 Likes

The Issue is that the TPS in one chunk are 20 while the other chunk has 10. If both chunks had 10 it would be perfectly fine, but this is sadly not the case.

Also your Shredder Screenshot shows the use of Thermal Expansion Pipes, could it be that those are the issue in it?

2 Likes

I use Thermal Expansion Pipes just because it’s faster to set it up. This is not one of the problems.
Using GT Pipes will not change.

Edit:
I may know why the engine won’t have this problem.
The engine stores a little energy.When TPS is below 20, this energy is consumed.But these energies won’t run out so quickly.It only stops working for a moment.Enough to replenish the energy when the machine is restored.But turbines don’t store.
This may be the reason why IC2 machines do not have this problem.
So, is it possible to add such a setting to the turbine?
@Gregorius

3 Likes

I have issues with thermal expansion pipes and steam, I only use them for water and distilled water transport.

2 Likes

Hrrm…Although I haven’t had any problems with Thermal Expansion Pipes, I’ll pay attention to it later.

3 Likes

I intentionally didnt do that, as the Turbine is supposed to be able to receive more power than it can use and in that case Explode. Having a larger Buffer will not really help due to that.

2 Likes

I think the problem is the process of converting steam into other energy.
Because when using the engine, the energy in the buffer can be consumed normally.
Turbines do not have such settings.So when the turbine doesn’t convert steam into energy in time, Shredder doesn’t get enough energy, and then it stops running.
I may not have understood what you said about "the Turbine is supposed to be able to receive more power than it can use and in that case Explode."I think of it as “a turbine will explode when it receives too much energy, so it’s not helpful to add a bigger buffer.”
I can’t find any connection between “Turbines explode with more energy” and "Larger buffers don’t help."I guess I misunderstood what you meant.Can you explain it in more detail?

2 Likes

I’ve had trouble managing large quantities of steam through liquiducts, they tend not to be able to pass the steam fast enough and the boilers start to overheat.

I have found a janky compromise however by attaching an ender garbage bin directly to the pipe that offloads extra steam, usually I just use Gregtech pipes though.

2 Likes

The fuck why does Auto Bump not work anymore?!

So can I somehow mark this as resolved or something? I dont know if it is resolved even.

1 Like

Not sure, haven’t heard from @ProperSAMA on this topic for a bit bit I haven’t been having issues with machines spanning chunks yet.

2 Likes

The problem has not been solved.If a turbine can’t avoid this problem by storing some energy.I can’t think of any other way.I’m not paying any attention to this issue anymore.Just let players keep the turbines as close as possible.

3 Likes