Not Enough Items

Any tips for Nei it takes anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds to lookup a search. I have 200+ mods and yeah i understand all the data it would have to look through but if anyone has any tips to share i would much appreciate them.

2 Likes

Do you say the first Search or all Searches? The First Search always takes ages, but all other ones after only take a second or two. Though I dont have a huge Modpack myself.

Maybe use the Subsets to reduce the Items to search through?

1 Like

Thanks for responding so its all searches across the board e.g i search for sword and nei takes like anywhere of 30 seconds to a minute to load swords.

During this time of waiting the game functions as normal i.e i can close the inventory and play or do other stuff while waiting so its not lag or game hung all of a sudden… probably more so just looking through so much data.

I haven’t tried filtering for subsets or per mod yet i will try that and see how it goes.

also i read on the install guide you made, about extra utils and nei lag is this still the case?
ty

2 Likes

Yeah Extra Utils definitely still lags NEI, so if you have that Mod, it MIGHT be the reason for your Lag.

1 Like

Wow yea ok rip extra utils then, just booted it and now nei is damn near instant… still slight lag but pretty much trivial.

2 Likes

What on earth is ExUtils doing to cause that?! Wonder if it’s fixable…

1 Like

I bet it is its Drums.

1 Like