[Modpack] Gregtania6 Skyblock

So uh, care to explain why is there a huge folder named “crypto” when I download the pack now and the game slows down considerably when using your version of better questing?
Did you put cryptominers in your minecraft instance?

4 Likes

Because you are the man who broke my license, always annoy me, and always tell a stupid fabrication. Go away and must not use all of my files.

3 Likes

(in reply to deleted troll user message)

There is no Cryptominer afaik, it’s more of a Decrypting the downloaded Mod Files (which by curse terms of service would instant ban the Modpack too by the way). Just because there is a folder named crypto doesn’t mean it’s a Cryptocurrency Miner. Also Cryptocurrency is pretty much something you have to mine in mass, so even a dozen computers are definitely not enough to return a single penny.

However this whole thing is making the Modpack worse for everyone just because one asshole is not supposed to play with it. And I highly doubt this DRM you added stops him from doing stuff with your Modpack.

3 Likes

No, that is his stupid fabrication, and you can see codes by decompile, Java is too easy to see.

3 Likes

however there is not the folder which is called crypt in my pack, except of zip4j.
GitHub - srikanth-lingala/zip4j: A Java library for zip files and streams

In fact the codes I added for BQ is to load quest DB from .zip. It might be lag issue bug it is really playable things.

I have never thought everyone register this forum in this short term, maybe same person

4 Likes

Im checking myself now, and i dont see a crypto folder so point me to it please.

Edit: And yes I assume those “new” people are all the same person.

Edit 2: IN FACT, with my Admin Powers I can check their IP

Edit 3: Okay all different IPs but one is a TOR Exit Node.

Edit 4: well the “rumors” that there is any encrypted Files in that Pack are definitely wrong, its just a normal non-encrypted Modpack. I was able to open all zip and jar Files without any password and I didn’t see any crypto Folder. Sorry that I was lazy @monatann I only checked now so I can come to a decision. :wink:

6 Likes

probably you did not launch my pack so you missed my auto-download files.
there are crypted .zip on /local/client/1.zip and 2.zip which is quest database and lang file. However use 7zip to see included files. If Greg really want to see the files in zip, I can tell password through PM to prove that the files are not stupid things.

And really sorry I troubled you and waste your time.

5 Likes

lol, I am a Linux User, there is better Stuff than 7Zip.

And I dont use the Curse Launcher so I apparently despite having a Mod List cant download the damn thing.

I guess I will just do the innocent until proven guilty argument then. Surely if he wants to be the asshole he is, he can actually proof his shit. So until he does I will just not do anything. :wink:

4 Likes

programmers of Linux applications are really competent :laughing:
The code which opens these files are in Java codes, really easily to prove his shit lol.

4 Likes

Sounds to me like @monatann wanted to protect custom better questing files. Knowing that curse wouldn’t allow upload of encrypted files the files are auto-downloaded after running the installation. the mod probably runs slower due to having to be unencrypted at time of play.

I would speculate this whole debacle happened due to the naming of the protected files as ‘crypted.zip’, causing individuals to jump to conclusions and associate it with cryptocurrency rather than password encryption.

6 Likes

yep, I will change BQ process to what you said in next update, and I should make some codes which doesn’t load many times someday.

4 Likes

That’s exactly what happened. Jeez, don’t I feel embarassed right now!

3 Likes

So you insult and threaten to punish him for simply asking whether the pack has a cryptominer due to a suspicious file name?

2 Likes

No, I dont do anything until he proves he is right, that way I dont have to punish anyone.

Also those two other people were just “repeat the same shit someone else said”-Trolls, who only made an account just to say some Drama thing, which by the Guidelines here is not allowed. I’m lenient but not stupid.

3 Likes

Again, I overestimated the threat of this thing. I did find the “crypto” folder, filled with all sorts of “crypter” “engine” and “decrypter” stuff, inside his betterquesting instance.What with the red tape and the weird instructions, I got actually really worried (I don’t know how crypto actually works, I’m sorry :sweat_smile:
Anyway, he already explained the entire ordeal and now I’m more calm about this whole thing.
And here’s the pic for the thing (I went on a frantic research of how and where and when I found this thing in the first place, thankfully I have proof that I’m not getting senile :joy:) just to close this entire ordeal.

By the way @monatann, Nice questbook, dude. Very in-depth. A bit too hand-holdy, a lot of the quests could stand to be rewritten or reworked but still, very in depth. If you need a hand for the english translation, give me a call!

4 Likes

Just remember Cryptography is a very wide spectrum of things, a lot of perfectly normal things are encrypted to make sure only people with a password can use the contained Data. For example all of my Drives are encrypted, your Forum Password is encrypted in a way not even I can decrypt (like it SHOULD be! looks angrily at websites storing passwords in plaintext), the VPN/TOR those deleted troll users above used is also encryption.
This concept can ofcourse be used for Currency too, but putting a Cryptominer into a Modpack wont even net you a Penny because the Computers dont have enough CPU/GPU Power to deal with it.

8 Likes

I don’t have a plan to cooperate the man who always broke license. Additionally you always harassment me on several place and many times, and you certainly wrote my questbook is bad on your modpack download page. Suddenly did my questbook change good? Are you kidding me? I can only say “Go away and don’t use all of my files”.

5 Likes

Uh sorry what now

2 Likes

@monatann probably confuses you with that one person who stole the Modpack, because of being harassed by that person through multiple random accounts, And that suspicion is not unfounded either, considering the timings of random accounts just popping up and “supporting” your mistake.

4 Likes

someone stole his modpack? Is that why this whole crypto thing is happening?
wait how does someone steal a modpack?
I’m confused, I don’t really understand. Do I need to read the entire thread to understand what’s happening? I just found out about this pack because it was the only one that had an update.

2 Likes