Lost on how to make plastic

I just need help with figuring out what pathing gets me to plastic. I’m a little overwhelmed, I got the propane and butane I want to use, and the cracker, from there on I get a little lost on how to make it all. Would love some help please :sob:

2 Likes

Wait where exactly are you stuck at? What Item are you missing? You dont need to be able to smelt Titanium to make TiCl4 if it is that. Or is it Zeolite you need? That Stuff is a small Ore that should be common enough that you might have found one already, otherwise Dungeon Loot can also contain this Dust.

2 Likes

Is it common? Really? I haven’t found one.

3 Likes

I made some plastic recently. Why did I? I don’t even know what for.

Decompose your butane or propane to ethylene or propylene with steam cracker (don’t blow up your boilers). Obtain a piece of magnesium chloride. Then make titanium tetrachloride from ilmenite and other stuff in burner mixer (don’t forget to ignite it).

3 Likes

Do I need a smelter to melt the stuff into it’s molten form?

2 Likes

Make the extruder for it.

You can put it in crucible and cast it in molds, but it yields less product by this way (1 unit of of plastic melts to 6 nuggets).

3 Likes

My apologies for the lack of specificity on my part, I mean the molten calcite.

2 Likes

Simply smelt it in the crucible and pour it into bath, then take it with the ceramic measuring pot.

3 Likes

Oh that’s a good idea! Thank you!

2 Likes

Sorry for ignoring you, Semion was able to read my monke brain.

2 Likes

It’s also possible to remove molten anything from crucible using measuring pot.

4 Likes

As long as the Liquid form of it exists that is.

2 Likes