Issue about building GT6 source

I am developing a modified branch of GT6. Recently, I met a problem when building the source. Everything works fine when I run the client, but the jar file is extremely large- about 145M. I unzipped the jar file and discovered that there are copies of same file for everything in the source folder, including classes, pngs, etc. I wish someone can help me out here. Thanks.

Here is the build.gradle file I used:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/r6xkzCVhcx/
(P.S. I added zip64=true to the devJar and Jar tasks because the file number exceeds the limit)

Basically this is what I found in the unzipped jar file.
Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 00.00.28

2 Likes

Holy crap what is that?!?! @OvermindDL1 please help, I have no Idea how such a thing can happen.

I first thought its because of the date modified timestamp being identical, but this is a zip File so ofcourse those dates dont exist actually, so that shouldn’t be the Issue.

3 Likes

Uh, not by any Gradle code that’s in it, that looks like a filesystem issue, like you don’t have it on Windows or in a Dropbox managed folder or something I hope? Build systems of most languages don’t handle such filesystem management things well (that’s the purpose of git).

At the very least wipe your build directory because it is now corrupted. Also if possible please paste a full tree of your project to pastebin or so.

3 Likes

I use Git to handle the source and the problem just recently appeared. I will try wiping the build directory. Here is the project repository.

Actually after I wiped the build directory and recompile forge and stuff the problem is solved. Thanks for your help.

3 Likes

It’s still a bad sign, something on your system is duplicating files, worth researching what…

1 Like

Would Read-Only Files cause this maybe? So they cannot be overridden, causing the extra files to appear?

1 Like

I don’t think Gradle would rename files in such a way, but can’t rule it out without testing?

1 Like

The Copypaste Tool does rename Files though, if there is a conflict and the old file cannot be overridden.

1 Like

Copypaste tool?

1 Like

xcopy or cp command, you know.

1 Like

Don’t know what xcopy does (never heard of that command?), but cp definitely does not rename files like that. It will either fail, ask, or overwrite, depending on mode. ^.^

1 Like

XCOPY is what batch files use to copy Files. I dont believe you when you said you didnt know that one. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Huh? No clue?

✘127 ➜ xcopy
No command 'xcopy' found, did you mean:
 Command 'mcopy' from package 'mtools' (main)
 Command 'rcopy' from package 'rdmacm-utils' (universe)
 Command 'hxcopy' from package 'html-xml-utils' (universe)
 Command 'bcopy' from package 'bacula-sd-sqlite3' (universe)
 Command 'bcopy' from package 'bareos-tools' (universe)
 Command 'bcopy' from package 'bacula-sd-mysql' (universe)
 Command 'bcopy' from package 'bacula-sd-pgsql' (universe)
 Command 'fcopy' from package 'fai-client' (universe)
 Command 'wxcopy' from package 'wmaker' (universe)
 Command 'hcopy' from package 'hfsutils' (main)
1 Like

Windows, batch Files, you know, the shitty ones?

1 Like

Ah this thing then? xcopy | Microsoft Docs

I don’t think it existed the last time I used windows? Remember that was a long long time ago. ^.^;

1 Like