Incompatibility with SaltMod

In my game SaltMods’s ‘pinch of salt’ is automatically converted to Harvestcrafts ‘saltItem’, rendering all SaltMod’s recipes that require the pinch of stalt item unable to be crafted. Any way to disable this auto change so I don’t need write a bunch of recipes to allow saltItem to be used?

2 Likes

I would like to know what that SaltMod is, lol.

2 Likes

Lol, it’s SaltyMod Expanded by Darkbumus originally by Liahim85,

comes up as SaltMod as the modid, I was testing a bunch of mods and this one as silly as it sounds added a bunch of food items which I wanted to include.

2 Likes

Oh how wonderful…

1 Salt Block = 9 Salt Lumps = 81 Salt Pinches = 81 WHOLE UNITS of Salt…

1 Sugar Dust = 9 Sugar Pinches = 9 Sugar Dust = 81 Sugar Pinches = 81 Sugar Dust = 729 Sugar Pinches = 729 Sugar Dust = …

2 Likes

I was going to rewrite it to add the saltBlock to the oredictionary for saltblocks, get rid of the rest of the recipes/oredict the lumps to dusts and have 1 div72 salt = 9 pinches of salt + reversable. Should fit in ok with everything else. Same for Sugar, but the autochange causes issues with that.

2 Likes

Yeah you cant actually fix that with MineTweaker, the Salt Block already is considered a Salt Dust Block in GT6, and OreDict cannot be undone so a lot of shit has to be done to fix the pinch of sugar/salt issue…

2 Likes

Alternatively I can rewrite the recipes to use standard saltdust and just remove the recipes for all the extra nonsense and the auto convert should take care of everything else.
I’m pretty sure harvestcraft recipes use a big ol pile of dust in some of its food recipes just now anyway.

2 Likes

:gregory: This Version should probably be working for you. ^^

(note: The scary sounding Description is only there to make sure people don’t use that Version lightly.)

2 Likes

I’m still getting issues with autoconverting to a salt dust with this build. With Harvestcraft it converts a pinch of salt to Harvestcrafts saltDust, and without it it converts to Gregtechs saltDust. I wouldn’t worry about it though I’m in the process of rewriting the recipes to be compatible. Cheers for trying.

2 Likes

Wait the pinches do NOT convert for me with harvestcraft installed, so what exactly happens there?

2 Likes

No idea. I did a test with just gregtech, saltmod and harvestcraft as well as only gregtech and saltmod and it either gives me harvestcrafts saltdust or gregtechs saltdust depending on the mods installed when i give myself pinch of salt. Could be something on my end if it’s working for you.

2 Likes

Maybe you need to update the GT6 Snapshot and test again, that should work.

2 Likes