How on Earth do you generate enough KU to power a Crusher with Steam power?

I’ve gotten to the point where I would like a Crusher so I can easily turn Ores into Crushed Ores without taking 10 minutes and tons of resources (hammers) to crush them manually. I have no idea how you’re supposed to power a Crusher with Steam power without needing ridiculous materials.
(i.e Steel everything)
The best I’ve gotten is something like this: Burning Box → Boiler → Turbine → Rotational Engine → Crusher

And that also seems to not produce enough KU to power the Crusher, at least consistently, because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

2 Likes

Replace Turbine and Rotational Engine with Steam Engine.

2 Likes

I tried that actually. The Steam Engine didn’t do anything, it just sat there and eventually turned green, and produced no KU.

2 Likes

Minimum speed bronze crusher needs: steel burning box, steel boiler, bronze or steel steam engine. It takes a while (a minute maybe? I don’t remember) from when boiler starts outputting steam until steam engine produces enough KU/t for crusher.

2 Likes

Oh, so it’s completely impossible then. Fun, so I still get to spend 10 minutes and ~30 hammers every ~40 minutes just smashing Ores into Crushed Ores…

2 Likes

You don’t have steel yet?

2 Likes

Huh? Steel is one of the first things I make with the Crucible, just use a Bronze Engine pointed into the Crucible to fan in Air fast enough to make it from some Black Sand and Coal

1 Like

For some reason the recipe for Steel requires Meteoric Iron, and only seems to accept Meteoric Iron, as it doesn’t switch to different types of iron as NEI (not actually sure which is installed, NEI or JEI) does when indicating that you can use any material of this type. Unless I’m being an idiot or the configs are borked, Steel is basically impossible to craft.

I will try the recipe that Greg suggested though, in case it’s just NEI that’s decided to bork itself.

2 Likes

Uhh there is more than one Recipe you know? NEI shows a TON of different Recipes for Steel!

Are you sure that you’re not clicking “Meteoric Steel” which is a different thing?

1 Like