HBM-NTM plastic compat

Title. I feel like NTM’s Polymer and Bakelite should be usable as plastic replacements in GT6. After all, they ARE basically plain ol plastics, right?

3 Likes

They are very specific Plastics, I am not sure if they could be used for literally everything. Plastics despite their common use, are often very different from each other, so each would need its own List of specific Recipes for each case.

2 Likes

NTM plastics come in two tiers, “normal” plastic (“ingotAnyPlastic”), that being polymer (actually teflon, “ingotPolymer”) and bakelite (“ingotBakelite”), then there’s hard plastics (“ingotAnyHardPlastic”), being hard plastic (actually polycarbonate, “ingotPolycarbonate”) and PVC (“ingotPVC”, reinforced with cadmium). Then there’s also rubber which is counted as its own thing (“ingotRubber”). There are a few oddities related to how plastics got grouped together and how teflon is just called “polymer”, but that’s because of how much time had passed between any of these being added, with the entire oil sector growing a lot in the past three years.

2 Likes

Okay, I am now accounting for all those Plastics and their alternative OreDict Names. Everything should work fine Indev once GitHub Actions has compiled it.

2 Likes