Greg putting random Factorio related Images on this Thread

I want Greg Over to be a death message type from major Gregtech related injuries. :laughing:

3 Likes

Just thought I should share a few Screens of my current Map. Note that I am at 30 UPS when not being zoomed out that far. And yes, I leave the Game running in the background for at least 22 hours a day. XD

Interesting, the Forums autoconverted to jpeg for two of the Screens.

Here is a total view of everything I built.

You cant really see anything because it is so zoomed out, I know. All the way to the left is where I wish I would have spawned, simply because of all Resources being bunched up there, but ofcourse the high Resource amounts only spawn far away.

This is my Mining Base which is quite far away.

Decided to run 1-10-1 Trains over to this Place for Copper and Iron Ore. Both Locomotives point forward, so it is not one of those slow Trains looking both ways. I just had to put the second Locomotive at the back because I have the Battle Trains Mod, and the Wagons I use for Cargo are from a different Mod. I gotta defend my Trains somehow. :wink:

And here is the main part of my Beacon Squares

I got about 30-ish fully beaconed up Labs going nonstop. I had to get a Mod for larger Logistics Bots, simply because of the Lag. Turns out all of them are shitty and I had to edit the Stats to actually have Mundas Bots make sense. I would have kept the vanilla Bots but nope, too much Lag.

1 Like

So after playing with @OvermindDL1 for 3 months in a Space Exploration Modpack, which is mostly concluded now that we researched everything, I decided to make a less bloated Modpack myself and to start out with all non-infinite Tech researched from the beginning and a Spidertron.

This is my Nauvis Base right when launching the first Navsat into Space. I need to launch two of those though (the Star Map wont be unlocked until then… yes that was a recent change), and then build one Cargo Rocket to get off of this dumb Planet and to somewhere that has special Resources.

I never intended to do anything on Nauvis later on, in case you are wondering why i dont really have a Mall or anything. Yes I handcrafted a ton of things.

The Plan is to go to some tiny Moon, which wont have that much of a Launch penalty for Spaceships, and have the infinite Sciences and Space Manufacturing be done at Calidus itself, since Solar is very lucrative over there when you directly orbit the dang Sun.

You see that Centrifuge at my Core Ore Processor? The one taking in the Uranium Ore Output of Core Ores, “harvested” Alien Ore Three, and harvested Meteorites? Yeah I STILL did not get a single damn enriched Uranium from that one! It was all depleted Uranium so far, which went to my personal Uranium Ammo stash. (by now I use Explosive Rockets on my Spidertron, have to use up the Coal fro mthe Core Miner somehow!)

I will also not do much in regards of Productivity Modules. Sure I will still do the expensive shit to some extent, like I did with the Rocket Silo on Nauvis. But for Ore Processing I will mostly avoid it and rely more on Mining Productivity (which already is at +130%) than actual Modules, not to mention I found Core Mining Drills to be quite the flood when it comes to vanilla Resources, especially Iron Ore…

Just posting this whole thing, because I finally found out why Efficiency Modules are very fucking worth it, you can cut most of your Power usage down by 4 or 5 times, making Solars way easier to use, since you need much less of it, which early on is MUCH better at preserving Resources than the extra cost of using Productivity Modules. And that is just Tier 1 Efficiency Modules!

Who knew that saving Power will save you a LOT of resources! And I did not even trigger a Pollution based Biter attack yet, nor do I have any defenses apart from a few scattered Gun Turrets. (Yes I got the “No Lasers before Rocket Launch” Achievement yet again from this Save)

There we have it, Greg wasting more time playing Factorio instead of working on GT6, welp…

1 Like