Gas leaks in pipes

I’m powering my base with methane at the moment, and my system when powered down still is losing methane. I was wondering if gas leaks out normally or something?

2 Likes

You using Wooden Pipes which are not Gas Proof?

2 Likes

I scoured the base, I got a combo of bronze, copper, and rubber pipes. I take it this is not supposed to be happening. I’ll try swapping out pipes and see if that helps.

2 Likes

I think maybe you forgot to turn off something? Maybe the pipes are simply not full yet and it just slowly tops them off?

1 Like

4 Likes

I guess that was not an intended connection, considering the Bathing Pot is not suitable for Gasses.

Edit: Also I never saw someone using Wood Quad Pipes. So this is a first.

2 Likes

It was back when I thought I knew how they worked, not as cool as you think. I just never replaced them.

2 Likes

How do you produce your methane? Check out my methane plant. There could be one more fermenter, but it should be downpowered to keep up with the overall biomass coming in, so I just go with two.

3 Likes

Looking fancy AF. I actually have a natural gas spring under my base that I collect from. I put it through a generifier so that the other sources of methane that happen around my base can all collect into one tank.

3 Likes

Last game I used IC2 Harvesters to automate pumpkins in huge quantities. Then I used a distillery to make ethanol and fueled engines.

3 Likes

I know this isn’t strictly about methane, but I could have processed them to methane. Instead I chose ethanol because I could power engines and burning boxes with that liquid. Can you find a better use for methane?

3 Likes

Looks like you can use it as a steady carbon/hydrogen source if you’d like through an electrolyzer.

2 Likes