Freezes, lags on rx 470

I added something to the Install Instructions of GT6:

For people with Graphics Lag, there are a few ways to maybe fix it: Change the Mipmap Settings, Reduce Render Distance, Disable VSync, Disable Smooth Lighting, increase RAM, install Fastcraft, install the right Version of Optifine for your System or delete the wrong Version of Optifine for your System.

The “delete the wrong Version of Optifine” Part specifically. The rest was already there.

And cant you just turn off VSync in the Minecraft Options?

3 Likes

I set [Max Framerate: Ultimated] and [Use VSync: OFF] but FPS are still 60 (on Kubuntu)

3 Likes

I think I can mark this as solved since you clearly found a working Optifine Version for your needs, right? ^^

2 Likes

Yes, but issue is not in Optifine :slight_smile:

RX 470 + Win10 + Minecraft 1.7.10 = 60 FPS
RX 470 + Win10 + Minecraft 1.7.10 + GT6 = 2 FPS
On Kubuntu 18.4 it was better(18-44 FPS) but the game still freezes.

Of course, i’ve found the solution: Play Minecraft 1.12.2 + GT5 = 284 FPS
But there’re a big difference beetween GT5 and GT6. And GT6 is more preferable)

As i think, and judging by OvermindDL1 conclusion, MC 1.7.10 can’t work as fine as newer versions on Radeon 400/500 series.
Do you have plans to make GT6 for newer versions of Minecraft ?

4 Likes

As with everything ATI in my experience, it’s also a lot to do with graphics drivers.
One driver worked well in 90% of games last i had to deal with such things. Then i had a list of drivers that only worked well for 2% of games, and another that worked for the remaining 8% etc.

It was a mess basically. I don’t know if that’s the case nowadays but it might be worth trying different driver versions?

4 Likes

Yes, I also remember such a story with ATI video cards, and the first thing I tried to run the game with drivers of different versions: the result has not changed.

I think the matter is AMD’s new video chip architecture (400/500 series)

5 Likes

I Know this Sounds stupid but have you tried fastcraft?

3 Likes

Make sure you are running latest MESA, Kubuntu 18.04 is ancient and has exceptionally old drivers, so if you didn’t use the padoka PPA or so to install the latest MESA then you were using really really old one. Or use a newer Kubuntu, like 20.04.

1 Like

Thank you for advice, but i prefer to play on Windows :relaxed:
Linux was installed only for Minecraft + GT6 test.

I find the solution for videocards Radeon RX 400/500 series, accidentally)

In Optifine settings, i set “Terrain Animated” to “OFF”

MC 1.7.10 + Optifine E7 + GT6 = 170 FPS

2 Likes

Yeesh, optifine is always the issue, I should have just gone with that, lol.

Always the issue.

What does “Terrain Animation” even do?!

2 Likes

Terrain Animation is Animated Block Textures.

1 Like

But you can ‘already’ animate block textures in vanilla… What does it do different (except lag I guess)?

1 Like

It would disable the vanilla animated block textures lol.

1 Like